Changing Music Voume

I created a music slider that works well... it actually gets a variable and sets the device-audio-musicvoume, which I verified by having a text field display the value.

The only problem is... the music volume doesn't actually change. Must I stop and start the music for it to take affect?

Comments

• SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870

Are you sure it's a music file (.m4a) and not a sound file (.ogg)?

• ookami007ookami007 Member Posts: 581

Yes... you can't even select an ogg file to play as music.

I can't seem to change the volume of the music in any way... is this a bug with the current Windows version?

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@ookami007 said:
    I can't seem to change the volume of the music in any way... is this a bug with the current Windows version?

The value range that the volume attribute operates in is 0 to 1, what is the value range that is being displayed in the text field display ?

• SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870

No sound bug that I'm aware of. And like @Socks said, the range is 0-1 for the volume, so the increments would be decimal points - .1, .2, .3, etc.

It's basically 0 to 1. The slider is setup to do floor(position.x - sliderMin)/(slidermax-slidermin).

This is showing values of 0 - 1.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

@ookami007‌ you need to tag @socks in your reply in order for him to know you have replied. Simply put a "@" symbol in front of his or anybody else's name to tag them in a post. Without this your reply may go unnoticed.

Thanks @gingagaming - I'll have to mention @socks next time. I just tried hard coding the music volume to .2 before starting the play music and it still plays at full volume.

Something must be bugged with Windows Game Salad.

When I try the nightly build... it doesn't play at all - or at least, I can't hear it... and the game function seems to be broken, so I can't test my menu.

• liux2355liux2355 Member, BASIC Posts: 33

I have the same problem. I simply use change attribute to change music volume to 0 or any value between 0 to 1 but nothing happened, the music volume is the same.

Go Download "Sub Run" in App Store.

• liux2355liux2355 Member, BASIC Posts: 33

@ookami007, did you solve this problem?

Go Download "Sub Run" in App Store.

• ManxMannManxMann Member Posts: 28

@ookami007‌ @liux2355 are you both using GS on windows or Mac?

Never solved my problem. Still having the same issue... but since there's been no new version for the Win GS, I didn't expect it to be solved yet.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited August 2014

Music is controlled using the music volume not sound. At least in Mac creator. Plus be sure the file was imported as music.