Spawn & Destroy actors display on screen

Hi there,

I've created a spawn_actor on the right hand side of my iPod screen, and the Destroy_actor on the left. Both of these actors are on the blank parts of the screen. They are not inside the video/display part of my stage.

The problem though is that when I preview my game, both the Spawn & Destroy actors show as white blocks on my stage. No matter how far left or right I move them, they always show up.

Please help, this is VERY frustrating!!! :)

Comments

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

You need to place them outside your camera view. You can always make them invisible too by selecting the actor from the screen & changing the alpha attribute to 0

• m1chaelrm1chaelr Member Posts: 6

Hi gingagaming, I found the "visible" attribute under the "Graphics" menu and can make the actor "invisible". It doesn't really fix my problem though. I'll try to clarify.
    The problem is not so much that the actors are visible, it's that even though I move them outside the frame of my camera, they seem to find their own position in my preview.
    I've taken 3 images showing the Camera Borders, the position of the actors (1 & 2 for Spawn and Destroy) and then a snapshot of the "Preview", where you can see the 2 actors now inside the camera view.
    I'm trying to attach the images - not sure that it's working though...?

• m1chaelrm1chaelr Member Posts: 6

Hmmm, images didn't attache to my last post. Please advise how I can do so?