Difference Between Free and Paid

qrcodehomeqrcodehome Member Posts: 4
edited June 2014 in Working with GS (PC)

Hi, So I just downloaded the free version on my pc and can't seem to find the answers to what I'm looking for. So, I want to be able to create a 2d game with sound and animation. I also would like to publish the game in the app store under my developers license. Later on, I can upgrade and publish to Android. Can I do what I want in the free version? Or must I pay?

Thanks,
Travis

Comments

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685
    edited June 2014

Hi and welcome to the forums :D

The free version is a full working version that you can create and publish a full game to the app store. The difference between the free version and the pro version is, Free is limited to publishing to the App store only. You can not publish to android (this is a pro feature) When using the free version, upon publishing Gamesalad will put ads in your game and collect the revenue from it. If you are pro, they don't insert anything and you are free to either publish without ads or collect the money from the ads if you wish. These are the main differences. Other benefits of going pro include, extra behaviours for game making including "open URL""multi player""game centre" for a full list of the features, visit:

http://gamesalad.com/creator/pricing

• qrcodehomeqrcodehome Member Posts: 4

Gingagaming,

Thank you, if I publish my game under the free version but then upgrade do you think I will have to publish a new game?

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

also you said your on a PC and I don't think you can publish to iOS without a Apple computer, there rules.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685
    edited June 2014

You don't have to re publish but most would. The reason for it would be to remove any forced ads and replace them with your own or remove them. Plus you could add features like link to your other games, add twitter functions and add game centre etc.

But to answer your question, no you don't have to re publish, but I would suggest doing so @qrcodehome‌ as it really isn't any effort to do so, you would have saved your project and just send an update.

edited June 2014

Got it, Thanks for your help! Hey, by the way, It doesn't look like there is any tester forum to get feedback before publishing my app to the world. Am I right?

edited June 2014

@BBEnk, I was working on a mac but it only had 10.6.8 and Gamesalad needed least 10.7. I must just have to pay the $200 after all.