Release 0.10.5 Stable Windows Now Available

Comments

• stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435

@GunBrothersGaming said:
    I am sure we'll get 11 by 2016 though... maybe.

Personally I'm going to try my best to get 11 out by this fall.

• nicodmtnicodmt Member Posts: 1

Program not working properly on my computer. Downloaded the program today and using it on a 4 months old WIN7 computer.

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672

PS - Not sure if this is a new feature, but one of my gripes was the TINY expression window, and not being able to concentrate very easily on the expression if it's long/complex.

Well, it's not ideal, but I just noticed that you can press ENTER/RETURN at any position in the expression entry box, and split the expression into multiple shorter lines (seems to max out at 4 lines deep?) - the expression still resolves when you run your project, and better still - retains the line feeds you have put in, when opening up that expression again... (Note - Shift-ENTER/RETURN gives tighter spacing, with no empty lines, so even easier to view/debug, but it doesn't retain this in between closing and re-opening the expression window - shame)...

Like I say, not the ideal solution (A larger, wider text box would have been perfect, possibly with bracket-paired colour highlighting to help with longer, nested expressions, but I can wish), but I was really glad to find that the Windows creator at least had this!

(I'll probably find it's a well-known/advertised feature now, but hey!)

Den.

Quick clarification! - the view window maxes out at 4 lines deep, but the expression can be split across more lines, at which point the window can be scrolled up/down - should have made that clearer, sorry!

@Jasper‌ : a cleaner expression UI would be nice (both on Windows and Mac, IMO), but it's unlikely anything will be changed until the unified Creator comes out.

@stevej said:
    Jasper‌ : a cleaner expression UI would be nice (both on Windows and Mac, IMO), but it's unlikely anything will be changed until the unified Creator comes out.

Thanks Stevej - Not quite what I'd hoped, but I know realistically it's the best we can hope for, do we have any clearer set timescale for the unified Creator please mate?

TBH, I really feel I'm trying to be too ambitious with GS in what I'm trying to achieve - I feel it's do-able, but between the clunkiness of the editor, and the the constant hanging, it's honestly like pulling hen's teeth at the moment, and SO frustrating when in principal GS can do what I'm asking, but it's just a lot of expressions and editing work in a (in my experience) flaky environment.

I want to love it, and I almost do, but argh... it could be so much better, with what I feel so little extra effort to develop/tweak - currently I'm seeing (very) slow progress, and it's an exercise in frustration, none of it down to logic or coding problems, just the creator itself...

BTW, I understand if I want to make the next 'Flappy Bird', shoot-em-up, trivia game, or endless runner, GS is awesome and super-quick to produce games for these type of projects, but well, I'm trying to create a board-based cerebral puzzler, and I guess it's not so well suited for this in comparison, though definitely do-able! (albeit with a LOT of effort/workarounds, I'm finding)

Cheers!

@Jasper‌ : The best I can say is there might be a beta of at the end of the year, but more likely is sometime next year. I think you'll be pleased with it though, it should allow you to have some more of the advanced features you're looking for.

• TosanuTosanu Member, PRO Posts: 388

Absolutely cannot get the preview option to work, it crashes every time, even on a blank project.

@Tosanu said:
    Absolutely cannot get the preview option to work, it crashes every time, even on a blank project.

Have you tried installing .NET 4.5?

• otupacca@yahoo.itotupacca@yahoo.it Member Posts: 3

I downloaded GameSalad 0.10.5 for windows, it is wonderful! I went on the internet and on the official website to find examples gsproj, but I found nothing :-(
    Can anyone point out some useful links?

• ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

@otupacca@yahoo.it‌ If you're looking for some templates you could check out this link: http://gamesalad.com/manuals It's got some GameSalad templates that make good examples for beginners :)

• ookami007ookami007 Member Posts: 581

Any ETA on the next Windows update?

@ookami007 said:
    Any ETA on the next Windows update?

Unfortunately Windows is on hold due to having to update Mac Creator for IAP changes required by the next version of OSX/iOS. That should be finished in the next couple of weeks, so it's likely that the next Windows nightly build will be out late September/early October.

Doh! I hate being a second class citizen.

@ForumNinja Thanks for the respons! I have downloaded the examples, but all dont work for the last version of Gamesalad (0.10.5) :(

@ookami007 said:
    Doh! I hate being a second class citizen.

Tell Apple to stop changing their code every year. :)

• ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

@otupacca@yahoo.it‌ I just downloaded the Alien Conquerors and was able to open it / everything looked fine. I'll shoot you a PM to see if I can help you out.

now it works, I did not realize that it was necessary to unzip the sample files :-(
    Thanks!!!!

@stevej said:
    Tell Apple to stop changing their code every year. :)

It's not even their code... it's their policies. And they change those on the drop of a hat.... heck... on the hint of a drop of a hat... or... on the possibility... someone might... somewhere... drop a hat... some day! OMG... CHANGE ON POLICIES!

• ManxMannManxMann Member Posts: 28

Is anyone else having a problem with the pitch when trying to play sound?

On Windows GS 0.10.4 all the sounds on my game worked fine, since the update I am having problems with the following;

Play Sound Engine loop (checked)

Volume 1

Pitch (game.bikeSpeed/500)+075

this use to work fine before the update.

• GamEasy EntertainmentGamEasy Entertainment IndiaMember Posts: 5

Hi Everybody! Can anyone guide me where i can download the stable version of GS for Windows ? I have tried to update it from GS but it shows no update Available ? Help ME :p

• warrendorville90@hotmail.comwarrendorville90@hotmail.com Member, BASIC Posts: 2

@Tosanu said:

• warrendorville90@hotmail.comwarrendorville90@hotmail.com Member, BASIC Posts: 2

same here! did you find the solution?

• awakekiwiawakekiwi Member Posts: 1

@Nabbo said:
    Unfortunately, this version crashes upon simulating. I tried every thing to run it. I had to revert back :(.. I submitted the request ticket. hopefully it gets fixed.

install .net 4.5 thats the fix for the previews!

• KennedyEKennedyE PH, NigeriaMember, PRO Posts: 34

Interesting! I am also using the Windows Creator, just following the post since I am new to GameSalad. I am eagerly waiting NOW for the Release 0.11.0 for Windows so I can add ads to my android apps and subsequently for Release 0.12.0. Adding Google Admob Ads will be EXCELLENT!! Cheers!!!

Hi GameSalad,

I am really waiting for Release 0.11.0 for Windows, any timeliness or time-frame with regard to Release 0.11.0 for Windows? Because I don't have access to mac. I only use PC to create games in GameSalad, really need to monetize my Android Games at least!

Hey @BlackCloakGS, are you still there?

edited September 2014

@KennedyE said:
    Hi GameSalad,

I am really waiting for Release 0.11.0 for Windows, any timeliness or time-frame with regard to Release 0.11.0 for Windows? Because I don't have access to mac. I only use PC to create games in GameSalad, really need to monetize my Android Games at least!

We were hoping to get it out in October, but due to delays caused by implementing support for iOS 8, it's looking like there should be a beta of Windows 0.11 sometime in November.

Hmmm, I see now @stevej, I just need to wait patiently now till November, thanks!