Windows Creator 10.5 problems

So the 10.5 creator has made many of my actors totally invisible. Still there, just invisible. Anyone got a clue as to why this could be?

Comments

• ReMasteredGamesReMasteredGames Member Posts: 101

Has 10.5 changed the way PNG's work like in Mac 11.0? If so THAT would be the problem!

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited June 2014

@ReMasteredGames no windows has not change the way it works with PNGs
    If you think this is a bug please file a support ticket.

• ReMasteredGamesReMasteredGames Member Posts: 101

@BlackCloakGS said:
    ReMasteredGames no windows has not change the way it works with PNGs
    If you think this is a bug please file a support ticket.

Okay thank you.

• eric.whittakerjreric.whittakerjr Member Posts: 4

I was going through the Tutorial in the Manual writen for the 0.10.0 version of GS Creator for Windows. I Currently have GS 0.10.5 installed. for the most part everything followed and was represented correctly. I did however see that there are some inconsistencies like on page 21 of the manual there is a screen capture of what the Rules should look like for the Boss Ship and in the picture it shows that the Move behavior should have an option that you can check off for "halt when Behavior stops:" which is not in the GS version I am using... Is this a BUG or is this just something that has depreciated from older versions of the 0.10.x - 0.10.5 ???

• eric.whittakerjreric.whittakerjr Member Posts: 4

also when I was trying out the Shoot em Up game in preview on GS Creator 0.10.5 the player ship would shoot the laser and be creating the Sound for the laser but after a bunch of times hitting the laser the Sound just stopped and I would be shooting the laser more but the laser would no longer generate the sound assigned to it. Is this a bug in the preview ? or is this a bug that will follow through when i publish this??? Someone please let me know! I am trying to decide weather I can buy pro to put on my windows if this is going to work well but if not I would want to buy the pro version for a Mac. And that actually prompts another question. When you buy a pro license can you sign into a downloaded version for windows and sign on to a version for mac and still have the pro license? I just want to know if I will have to buy it for a specific OS or if I decide later on to start developing on a mac that the License will work for both.

Thanks!

• jakkuchanjakkuchan Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2014

I may be missing it, but I can't seem to get a pull down of attributes when creating a new rule to Change an attribute.. It gets the cyan highlight and then nothing.
    I'm using windows 7 premium.

EDIT: Downloaded the Basic Shoot em up template and the key presses are not working.

EDIT2: It seems to be appearing off screen in random places. Sometimes I see it and I can get there, sometimes it's entirely not there.

EDIT3: Ok, it seems to be only happening if I have a 2nd monitor as extended desktop.

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

Some of the older templates may not always work. And, sometimes, you may need to manually replace the lost code. The same goes for tables. So if you download a template with a table, it will be missing in the rules.

You just need to remake the table and it will appear again. I haven't used 10.5 much but more 10.4.1 but these issues are still the same.

Also, GS is pretty RAM heavy, so try not to constantly load/unload the previewer - GS hates this and will soon clog up and crash. Save often.

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon