HTML5 MMO-like game

Dan14NRDan14NR Member Posts: 0
edited June 2014 in Working with GS (PC)

I wonder if it's possible to make browser game like Hero Zero (it is just example) ? I don't mean to just download creator and try to make a big game. I just wonder ; )
It would load entire graphics and sounds first, and just pick from the server information about players, rankings and other stuff.

Comments

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782
    edited June 2014

@Dan14NR,

yes, GS has all the technical capabilities for it ... if you are able to roll your own backend server.

The networking features of GS are intended for turn based multiplayer or normal server communication, not real time multiplayer.

Your example Hero Zero is not even turn based, but the server does the stat control, matching up and calculating the outcome of duels.

The big advantage of having your own server, that handles the events and calculations in a game, is that that users can't hack your game.

@Dan14NR said:
    I don't mean to just download creator and try to make a big game. I just wonder ; )

Good advice too yourself, MMO's are complex, and as easy as GS is, it still takes a lot of experience to make an efficient game.

p.s. The Networking features are in the pro version only