New Gamesalad PC version

Hello,

I've just installed the latest version of Gamesalad and as soon as I go to the preview one the games I'm working on it crashes.

Anyone else had this problem or knows a way around it?

The error message that comes up is this,

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: GameSalad.exe
Application Version: 0.10.5.0
Application Timestamp: 539a1be7
Fault Module Name: Qt5WebKit.dll
Fault Module Version: 5.2.1.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 52ed854e
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00b826c2
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Comments

• Nabbo (ReflectiveByte)Nabbo (ReflectiveByte) Member Posts: 278

Same issue I am facing.. I created a request support and still waiting for them to fix it.. I have not got any response after i send them log information they requested since 3 days.. :(

• aaronforsteraaronforster Member Posts: 28

I'm not a pro member and I just got an automated response saying we'll try and get back to our pro users in three days. Go figure.....

It seems unless you've given them money, they're not that bothered about their product. And it's a lot of money to give for something that doesn't work! There's a few others on here with the same problem too.

But no one has any ideas on how to fix it and Gamesalad haven't said a word. It's really frustrating as it said the new version was stable. I was hoping it would get rid of all the glitches and help move along much quicker, not the complete opposite.

Anyway that's my rant over :) ,keep me posted if they come up with anything, I was about to publish my first few games and "go pro" for the android publishing etc. I'm not sure whether I will now but at the same time it'd be a royal pain to start from scratch on another system, I really do hope someone gets on it soon.

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

Maybe they need to look into the problem at their side? In the mean time, roll back to 10.4.1

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

I talk to QA they said the saw and similar issue with out dated video drivers which was fixed by updating the video card drivers. If you are having this issue can you tell me if you graphic card drivers are up to-date?

Also does you video card support OpenGL 3?

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692

I would strongly recommend saving up for a 2nd hand Mac, I gave up trying to use the PC version of GS months ago, far too slow even on a powerful PC and it's always the last to get an update so your always lacking features of the Mac version.

Darren.

My video drivers are up to date but it' just an intel graphics card, nothing too flash. What's the minimum spec required?.

I will try it on a more powerful machine and see if that makes a difference. Also where would one find the old version in case that fails.

I'm literally hours away from finishing about 12 months work on these apps and determined to see it though. So apologies for my frustration and I am grateful for your help!!

@aaronforster can you send me a dxdiag from you computer. I will see if we have any intel integrated graphic only computers here to test on.

Was it all working before then Aaron? If so, best to roll back while GS take a look. At least then you can continue working

edited June 2014

I was able to get 0.10.5 alien conquerors to work on an intel HD 3000

whats a dxdiag??

seriously? get yourself on google and find out

ha ha fair enough!