Windows Creator Nightly 0.0.0.21 available!
A new Windows Creator nightly build is available, with Viewer support! You can now preview your game directly on an iOS or Android device. Windows Creator 0.0.0.21 is compatible with Viewer version 0.11.0.13. Some things to note:
- In order to communicate with the viewer, Windows Creator needs TCP port 30102 opened. If you are using Windows Firewall, the installer will open this port for you; however, if you are using a different firewall, you will need to do this yourself.
- When Windows Creator detects a viewer running, it will show an Apple or Android icon near the preview button. Right-click on the icon to bring up a menu listing the detected viewers, and select the one you want to preview with.
- Depending on how your network is set up, the Windows Creator may have problems seeing the viewer. If you aren't seeing the icon for the device running the viewer, try restarting the viewer or Windows Creator.
- You may also have trouble getting Windows Creator to see the viewer if you are running Windows in a VM. If you aren't seeing the viewer icon(s), try changing the type of network connection your VM is using.
- This version of Creator does not have many of the bug fixes that are currently in release 0.10.5. We will be integrating those fixes and releasing another nightly build shortly.
- We are also still looking into the issue of Windows Creator not working for some users, and will get a fix in as soon as we can, both to release and nightly.