need a team

massmass Member Posts: 10

guys and gals i need a developer team, so just send me a message so we can start

Comments

• wirelesstkdwirelesstkd Member Posts: 75

Just curious, but is this a paid gig?

• massmass Member Posts: 10

not yet we have to develop the app then share the profits...we will use ads so we will get paid

I see. So... honest question, but why would someone want to be on your team? What's the selling point? What does an individual get from being on your team versus making a game on their own? Do you have experience with bringing products to market? Do you have coding experience? Art experience? What do you bring to the table?

ok i have a lot of experience with art and i am good with coding i use to use Xcode witch is only coding and i have been using this for a long while so i have a lot of good ideas and games

and i want a team so we have more ideas more help and stuff like that.

Alright... well good luck with it :) But if you're good with art and coding you should be all set to get working on whatever game you want. Honestly, I envy you because I'm not good at either one ;)

• AlkaPPAlkaPP Member, PRO Posts: 194

I think it is a good idea to team work. Most successful giant company such as google, yahoo, etc was started by two people.

My Gamesalad Games On App Store:

Greedy Chubby: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/greedy-chubby/id834371213?ls=1

ya its very complicated so any want to join :D

• bjandthekatzbjandthekatz Orlando, FlMember Posts: 1,375

I think people want a guaranteed incentive or at least proof of prior work/experience.

• CodeCellCodeCell Member Posts: 90

Hi Hello,

I do believe we have spoken before briefly @mass. Glad to see your still looking for a team. My suggestion would be to take a quick questionnaire about yourself so people have an understanding of who you are.

How old are you?

What country/ language do you live/speak in?

Many many years have you been using GS?

Your skill speciality in relation to the team project?

What type of team member your looking for? (Artist, developer, sounds engineer)

Why you want to work with a team rather than solo?

A little bit about what's involved?

It's simple things like that people looking for a team look for, they want someone who has the same passion and trust each other. Who knows they are working with a minor, or over 18/21. If you were really serious about building a team, or partnership, might be a good idea to include some art that you have done previously, or any games or apps made.

All the best at finding a team and hope to see some end results in the near future :)

ok i didn't know it was all this trouble i just want help i have been using this for 2 years i am 13 and i live in the us and i am good with art

• WbokoWboko Tennessee, USAMember, PRO Posts: 621

It may help if you display some of the art you have finished, that may help someone be willing to jump on board.

Good Luck!

Sorry Guys this is for beginner app creators im getting in to code and im doing alot better.

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

Good luck to you @mass, keep learning and you'll get better all the time.

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343

I used to make maps for HL2DM...with a friend and then a few people...it turned into long Skype chats and hours of having to go with their ideas...or they with mine. That's just making maps. Games take a lot of time and if you commit to working with a team be prepared to probably spend more time bouncing ideas and combining code than actually maybe doing it your self. To only share ad revenues...better be a dang good game.

yes i need to buy books because theres nothing on youtube or on the web for what program im using

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

If you are in the US then you probably won't have a lot of luck making a team. It will only run into legal problems down the road since you are a minor. I would go into more detail but its pretty much self explanatory.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

im using xcode eclipse and other java stuff

• Eli DavieEli Davie Member Posts: 1

If you're still looking for people, I would like to join. E-mail me at elidavie7@gmail.com.
    Thanks

• KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291
    edited January 2015

Hey @mass,

please don't take this the wrong way. I know you are young and I love seeing someone your age getting into this stuff and learning what they can! I am just really confused by your posts and want to better understand.

First you say;

@mass said:
    i am good with coding i use to use Xcode witch is only coding and i have been using this for a long while so i have a lot of good ideas and games

when you said, "I have been using this for a long while..." are you referring to GS or Xcode?

Also, you say your good with coding but then you say;

@mass said:
    Sorry Guys this is for beginner app creators im getting in to code and im doing alot better.

and you also said;

@mass said:
    yes i need to buy books because theres nothing on youtube or on the web for what program I'm using

I am confused because you say your good at coding but then your saying you need stuff to learn and your getting better at it. Are you just learning? Are you in need of a team because you aren't good at coding and need help in that. Just really confused what you are looking for in a team. I think others are confused as well. Hope you see where I am coming from. If I were looking for people to start a team, I would be listing the talent I am looking for, not just anyone one and everyone to join.

@mass said:
    ok i didn't know it was all this trouble i just want help i have been using this for 2 years i am 13 and i live in the us and i am good with art

If I were to be interested in joining your team, I would want to know about you and what I'm getting into. Your first post, you never introduced yourself or allowed us to get to know you. Also, you should show some work you have done. These are things that people want to know and see for them to have any sort of interest.

It's not just enough to say, well, if the app does well then everyone will get paid. People joining a team want assurance and to know they are going to get something out of it. That's just the way it is. I know you are 13 but am trying to get you to see and understand this side of things.

In your above comment, you say you just want help. That is a flag to me that it's less of you wanting to start a team but more to get free help to complete an idea you have because it is possibly out of your skill range. let me know if I'm wrong here but that's what I gather from that.

To sum it all up, you need to tell us about you and what we would be getting into if we were to join your team and what all we would benefit from by joining your team. Hope that helps and good luck with your project and future projects!!!