Game Circle Problem

RiobsBaoRiobsBao Member, PRO Posts: 1

Hi,

anyone have facing this problem when login to amazon game circle in app.

I get error as bellow show ,

Unexpected error: unable to find explicit activity class {com.ckb.blockfall/com.amazon.ags.html5.overlay.GameCircleAlertUserInterface}; have you declared this activity in your AndroidManifest.xml

any idea about this ?

Thanks.

Comments

• wrhmediawrhmedia Member Posts: 70

I do not get the error but have continuously experienced inconsistent login to Game Circle. Have had no luck finding out if its a gamesalad issue or Amazons Set up. I find that Apples login for Game Center works great but Game Circle logs in sometimes and others not.

• ookami007ookami007 Member Posts: 581

I can't get Game Circle to work at all, so I'm not even at that point.

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

I get same error, what should we do?

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• yattamoveyattamove Member Posts: 236

I got this too. Sometimes it logs in fine. Sometimes not. When not logged in, when it's time to post score to GC, the game crashes. Any solutions yet?

Maybe doing the auto login when game starts is not ideal?

edited September 2014

No update yet? I don't know what the problem is. It is very inconsistent.

EDIT:

I got it! Go to GameCircle in Amazon Developer Console, select your app. Go to Security Profile and link it to your GameCircle security profile. Done!

• AngryBoiAngryBoi Member Posts: 586

I just completely drop anything to do with leaderboards when not uploading to Apple. I'm just really hoping that Google Play Circles come soon. Thats what everyone needs.

I second the motion.

• Pocket_TechPocket_Tech Member Posts: 50

@RiobsBao‌ Hey I'm having the same issue at the moment

Unexpected error: unable to find explicit activity class {com.pockettech.crackshot/com.amazon.ags.html5.overlay.GameCircleAlertUserInterface}; have you declared this activity in your AndroidManifest.xml

This only appears when I'm offline at the platform login stage. If I have wifi or a 3G connection it will be fine it will ask if i want to log into gamecircle if not ill get this message then the app quits after hitting ok.

Gamesalad is driving me crazy with all these Android issues. Its only good for a really simple IOS game at the moment.

Did you work out a solution for this issue?

edited September 2014

@Pocket_Tech‌
    Amazon says to update SDK in the app. But GS has updated Gamecircle SDK for a long time now. Isn't it? I was thinking of not doing the auto login to platform but rather just make a button.

What we really need is native Google Play Game Services.

• phamtasticphamtastic Member, PRO Posts: 354

I just recently got the same error... Was there a solution for this?

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

I just did a port to android and didn't have this issue. I logged in fine. If you are doing it for Android device using GC be sure your SDK is up to date. Once you update close the update manager and start it again as sometimes once you update more updates appear.

edited September 2014

@phamtastic‌
    I just created a login, show leaderboard, and a post score all at the same button. No autologin/auto post score for me now. Maybe players will just click the button when they know there are connected. It's hard to risk your game branded by players as buggy, down rate and uninstall. :'(

@The_Gamesalad_Guru‌
    It happens when it's a new install and the player has not logged in even once and there's no internet connection in the device. My GameCircle API is 2.4, the updated one.

• phamtasticphamtastic Member, PRO Posts: 354

@yattamove‌ - Thanks for the advice. Yes, this all happen once I did the auto-login instead of the button. Happens like 1/10 time so I'm guessing that 10% is when I can't connect to wifi.