is there a fix for the scene reset order, its a bug that needs fixing

GdoggGdogg Member Posts: 95

if you had your initial scene in say row 3 from position 1, 2,3,4 etc, then it would reset to the first scene..which is realy stupid, how long has this been and there is no fix for this.

Comments

• GdoggGdogg Member Posts: 95

is there a way just to reset the current scene without jumping back to the initial scene order or what ever scene is first in line, this is a bug in gamesalad, which realy needs attention, as far as im concerned

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

I've merged your threads but please don't create multiple threads for the same issue.

Are you referring to the Reset Scene behavior or something else?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

i want to reset the current game in the current scene without jumping back into the initial scene

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782

@Gdogg, are you using "Reset Scene" or "Reset Game"?

One restarts the current scene, the other the whole game, as labeled.

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610

There are two behaviours Reset Scene and Reset Game are you using the correct one?

When you use Reset Scene it won't change any attributes it will only reset the layout as it is set out in Creator. You will still have to reset any attributes you have i.e. scoring, etc and reposition any actors that are not on the original layout.

edited July 2014

i have made a number of scenes, scene 1 being the initial scene, Scene 2 being the menu Scene, Scene 3 being the same intial scene but with addons which will be paid for. Now.. this Scene 3 when i reset the game it jumps back to the initial scene because the inital scene is placed infront of all the other scenes, so reset the game jumps back to that scene. ive tried reset scene it doesnt do nothing.. i just want the score to reset on the current scene and not to jump back to the initial scene.

or if i changed the order of the scenes is what i realy want i want menu at the start of all the scenes followed by the inital scene and thirdly scene 3 with the addons, then if i reset the game it would jump into menu.. do you see what im trying to explain the game scene jumps back to what ever scene is first.

...I want to reset the whole game in the current scene game..

every scene is a different game, which needs to reset itself, at only on that scene specified not to jump back into the initial scene being the very first

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782

@Gdogg, you can change the order of the scenes. If you press Home and then go to the Scenes tab, you can reorder them by dragging.

edited July 2014

i dont want to reorder them, i just want the game reset to reset score on the current scene

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

@colander said:
    There are two behaviours Reset Scene and Reset Game are you using the correct one?

When you use Reset Scene it won't change any attributes it will only reset the layout as it is set out in Creator. You will still have to reset any attributes you have i.e. scoring, etc and reposition any actors that are not on the original layout.

This is the same answer I would give you. In other words, you need to manually reset the score (Change Attribute game.score to 0) right before you do a Reset Scene behavior. Have you tried it?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User