Upcoming changes to our ad network: Playhaven migration

2»

Comments

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Peter_Olafson‌ Curious to know how you are doing if you only have Paid Apps now?

• game ongame on Sun Valley, California Member, PRO Posts: 79

A step in the right direction. I would love to get "google Ads for banners" & "admob."

• Supersonic9120Supersonic9120 Member, PRO Posts: 174

Hey guys,

I just signed up for advertising payments through Upsight and just want to warn you guys about a possible confusion. During the email communication one of the Upsight representatives accidentally sent me an internal email which said the following,

"Hey XXXX,

Can you enter this form into SF? Their account is named Aeralas, they're net68, and 50% revenue split. No need to do a rev share!

Thanks,
    XXXX"

After another email from me with questions about why the split was 50 %,

"Hi XXXX,

Sure, happy to explain.

Net68 refers to the time it will take to get your payment after crossing the initial net ad revenue minimum of $300. Generally we pay about 60 days after that, but build in 8 days for actually transferring the payment. The 50% does refer to the revenue split between you and Upsight- I'm going to move you up to a 70/30 split, as I think that is more appropriate. Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    XXXX"

The point is that Upsight was originally going to set up my account as 50/50! They arbitrarily bumped it up to 70/30 because of this internal email mishap. I would never have even checked. Beware and make sure you ask them what your revenue split is set to in your account.

Very sketchy.

Dan

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Supersonic9 That's a concern: both the 50/50 split and the $300 threshold. Imagine if they have 1,000 developers with an average of $275 each in their accounts. That means Upsight would have $275,000 in the bank of developers money indefinitely.

If the 1,000 developers had an average of $301 each in their accounts, due for payment, Upsight would have $301,000 in the bank of developers money interest free for 68 days or more.

I wouldn't mind $301,000 of someone else's money in my bank account interest free for 68 days!

I think I prefer to trust Apple or Admob.