Looking for Unpaid Freelance Sprite Editors (Nothing too Complex)

IMakeGamesLikeThisIMakeGamesLikeThis Beaverton, OregonMember Posts: 64
edited July 2014 in Help Wanted

I'm in need of simplistic sprites. The best I can make of a sprite is a black box for a wall and a blue box for a player, but I want stuff that looks better than simple geometric figures. I want someone who is creative and artistic when it comes to game art. I would like to have many various dragons and other imaginative creatures. I would want them to have some animation to them and, preferably, not on a sprite sheet, I would like to have individual pngs. If any of you have played a game I play on Facebook called Social Empires, which was created by Social Point, I would like to have that sort of feel to my game. I really like the kind of dragons they have it that game and I would like to have sprites like those. Not too realistic, but not to pixilated either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• IMakeGamesLikeThisIMakeGamesLikeThis Beaverton, OregonMember Posts: 64
    edited July 2014

If possible, try to post at least one or two individual images into your post if you're going to add a download link or a sprite sheet. I would like to see some examples of the sprites before I go and download the whole package. Any image format would work, preferably pngs or gifs, though.

• bjandthekatzbjandthekatz Orlando, FlMember Posts: 1,375
    edited July 2014

I'm sure people will want to know, is this a paid or free job?

• IMakeGamesLikeThisIMakeGamesLikeThis Beaverton, OregonMember Posts: 64

@bjandthekatz !! You replied fast! In the title, I say "freelance" which sort of implies that it's free.

• bjandthekatzbjandthekatz Orlando, FlMember Posts: 1,375

Freelance - adjective
    1. Working for different companies at different times rather than being permanently employed by one company.

I don't know if you are going to get much attention here, as I don't think free requests are allowed. If I were you, I would post a request here. You might have some better luck.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited July 2014

Right, freelance does not equate to free. And no, free requests are not permitted on the forums.

Both the Forum Rules and Forum FAQ threads state:

The forum rules state that asking for free templates, graphics, sounds, or other assets are prohibited. There is a separate “Commercial / 'Help Wanted'" category for paid requests (be sure to clarify within your post that you are willing to pay for such services).

I'm going to close this thread but if you decide to offer payment for the assets, let me know via private message and I can re-open it.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

This discussion has been closed.