Game crashes

KungvaldKungvald Member Posts: 31
edited July 2014 in Help Wanted

Hi!

I have problem with my game, it wont launch on my ipad anymore.
i found out that when i go in to gamesalad and move background images, it work again. someone that knows why it is like this?

Help, plz :)

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

It works when you move the images or when you remove them?

And when you say that it won't launch, what exactly do you mean? Does it start up at all, does it show the first scene and then crash? Are you using the GameSalad Viewer for iOS?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• KungvaldKungvald Member Posts: 31

it only works when i remove the images. The game starts on the ipad, but when i try to load the main scene it crashes. The homescreen of ipad shows up instead.

Im not using the viewer for ios, i create the app and installing it on my jailbroken iPad.

I guess there could be many reasons but I'd try to narrow it down by removing an image at a time (or maybe you already know which image causes the problem). Once you determine the specific image, try re-importing it into the project file. Pay attention to the size of the file and see if compressing it or making it smaller makes a difference.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

The thing is that i know wich image it is, and the size is smaller than the screen size. The thing is that i have more then one picture of city houses moving from the right to the left, and i cutted down the big image to 4 images and put then one after the other to move from right to left. i also did the same with a bridge. could it be to many images.
    I also change the Linear velocity instead of using the move attribute, just to see if that caused the problem, but it did not help.

I actually didn't mean the actor size but the file size of the image (e.g. how many MB).

oh, sorry. the image size is 62kb only.

• WbokoWboko Tennessee, USAMember, PRO Posts: 621

How are you installing the game on your IPad?

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Check the resolution of the offending image is it 72dpi?