GS Technical Limitations?

I was wondering if GameSalad would be suitable for making a faithful recreation of Templar Studios' LEGO Stormrunner game from 2000? (written entirely in Java.) http://www.templar.com/info/games_stormrunner.html
Are there any problems you might think of with trying to replicate the existing game in GS? Any information would be helpful.
Thanks in advance, -The Nitpick.

Best Answers

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934
    Accepted Answer

You got a yes GS can handle it answer from one if the top devs here on the forums. Why in earth are you rejecting the answer? What hasn't been answered for you?

• wirelesstkdwirelesstkd Posts: 75
    Accepted Answer

I'm willing to bet that Templar licensed the LEGO trademarks to make this game. You may say that Templar doesn't care, but I'll bet you anything that LEGO very much cares ;)

Answers

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited July 2014

@The Nitpick said:
    Are there any problems you might think of with trying to replicate the existing game in GS?

Not really a technical issue, but I suppose you'd run into the same issues you would with replicating any existing game, in that infringing someone's IP is against the law so if you publish your copy you run the risk of legal action from the owners (Templar Studios) of the work you are counterfeiting.

• The NitpickThe Nitpick Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2014

@Socks said:
    Not really a technical issue, but I suppose you'd run into the same issues you would with replicating any existing game, in that infringing someone's IP is against the law so if you publish your copy you run the risk of legal action from the owners (Templar Studios) of the work you are counterfeiting.

I've already checked with Templar; they really couldn't care less. The game is essentially abandonware, so I'm not worried about someone calling me out on making a playable copy.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@The Nitpick said:
    I've already checked with Templar; they really couldn't care less.

Good ! You should be good to go then.

• The NitpickThe Nitpick Member Posts: 4

@tenrdrmer said:
    You got a yes GS can handle it answer from one if the top devs here on the forums. Why in earth are you rejecting the answer? What hasn't been answered for you?

Apologies. I was waiting to see if anyone else had anything to add. How foolish I was. |(