Waiting for Review. Now what?

AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
edited November -1 in iPhone and Android Publishing
I've uploaded my first app... it says "Waiting for Review". So is that all I need to do? Sorry for the noob question, never made and app before ;)

Comments

• chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    POLYGAMe said:
    I've uploaded my first app... it says "Waiting for Review". So is that all I need to do? Sorry for the noob question, never made and app before ;)

Now..... You wait for review
  • AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    Hehe, I thought that might be the case... wasn't sure if I needed to do anything else... getting it this far was hard enough... if I hear the word certificates or provisioning profile anytime soon, I WILL kill someone.
    Just out of interest, how long does it take before they are "in review"?
  • synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
    Around 5-8 days currently...we just had Vodka Connoisseur approved today and it took a solid week to get through. Once the status goes to "In Review"...its usually processed within 24 hours...assuming it doesn't get kicked back to you for changes.

*** visit www.spiritApps.com to check out the Spirit Connoisseur Apps ***
    (now available for 17+)
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    My app has been "In Review" since Sunday!
  • EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    I've been in review for 5 days now, plus 1 day of waiting for review.
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    POLYGAMe said:
    ... wasn't sure if I needed to do anything else...

In the mean time, you should spend some time thinking about promotion. Make a list of where you want to post announcements, where you want to post promo codes, etc. If you want to send out press releases, start getting that together.
  • CrazybreadmanCrazybreadman Member Posts: 674
    ...and make an awesome video.

It seems like iPad apps are 'in review' quickly but then they stay in review for several days. iPhone apps are the opposite... long 'waiting for review' instead. But all in all I don't think anyone's apps are getting approved quicker than 5 days.
  • scorelessmusicscorelessmusic Member Posts: 565
    Crazybreadman may have something there. Looking at the Status History of my last GS upload, my app went from "Waiting for Review" to "In Review" in just 2 minutes!

It has been "In Review" since 25 May.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    TiP: If you ever need Apple to expedite the review of any app, iPad or iphone/iTouch, email them at appreview@apple.com

Cite a reason for the need, and they usually are pretty good. Of course there are limitations and they say they make one time exceptions, but I've had them expedite apps a couple of times for me .

This includes both new apps and updates for current apps. :)
  • chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    butterbean said:
    TiP: If you ever need Apple to expedite the review of any app, iPad or iphone/iTouch, email them at appreview@apple.com

Cite a reason for the need, and they usually are pretty good. Of course there are limitations and they say they make one time exceptions, but I've had them expedite apps a couple of times for me .

This includes both new apps and updates for current apps. :)

Thanks Butterbean!
    Ooooh.... cheers guys :)
  • mrfunkleberrymrfunkleberry Member Posts: 424
    As soon as you've submitted your game, you need to start making sandwiches. I really like beef sandwiches, but not store bought, they taste of metal for some reason. But you really can't go wrong, unless you start using lego. You're going to need a few stacks, about 4ft high. Second, you're going to need vast quantities of energy drinks. A bucket. Blackout the windows. Sit in front of your computer, load up itunes connect and start hitting refresh, refresh, refresh...

Find a tempo, don't rush, ease yourself into it. Remember you're in this till the end, it's not all about RPM (Refreshes Per Minute), no more than 30 RPM, and certainly no less than 20 RPM.

A common mistake is not to start your finger rotation early. This can lead to finger cramp (if you're lucky) or finger loss (most likely). If a finger does fall off, please please please do consult a doctor, just as soon as your app is approved.

You shall be experiencing many mental states through out this process. Boredom, elation, pain, intrigue, fear, Texas etc. It's perfectly normal. Before you start, write down your name and a short bio about yourself. Keep it next to your computer, glance at it every few days or so. Remember to read this again once your game is finally approved. Or you may find you are someone else, thus breaking your contract with Apple.

Tip: As well as refreshing the itunes site, why not occasionally mix it up by checking your email? But ONLY to check any correspondence from Apple. Do NOT try to respond to any emails, your brain is mush, and you'll probably end up insulting someone, or sending all your money to Nigeria.

Distractions. If you're thinking, "But what if my mate calls me on the phone?", you simply haven't prepared for your games launch at all. Please read the Wiki. All my friends... all my friend and family have been locked in the garage since my first game.

I envy you. There's nothing quite like experiencing this for the first time. Some of my best friends materialized on this planet, while i was waiting for my very first game's approval. Good luck!

EDIT - Correction : You're going to need two buckets *shudder*, that's TWO buckets!
    It's not a game, it's a crappy, useless no-effort app that I don't give a !@#$% about. My next project (a game) I WILL do exactly as you say :P
  • ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    "its a crappy, useless no-effort app that I dont give a !@#$% about".....

....then why are you putting it up on the app-store? Youve just listed 4 reasons why its just gonna be wasting space and adding to the crapware thats cluttering up the store.

I can understand the excitement of trying to get something on the store, or even using your first project as a tester, but really.... does it have to be useless crap (your own words).

I just dont understand why people feel the need to just push rubbish onto the store.