How do I make my actors collide

I'm a newbie, so forgive me for asking this...How do I make my actors collide? I know this may seem like a stupid question, but I'm serious. I am making a side scroller game, and I want to make obstacles. After I put the Collision Condition on the Player's actor, I hoped that it would say Game Over(I used display text in the DO section). But the player just passed through the obstacles, like he's a ghost or something...

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited July 2014

Use the collide behaviour - and select the actor you want to collide with in the pull-down menu.

• ookami007ookami007 Member Posts: 581

Two things...

First, there is a collide behavior that will cause them to "bounce" when hitting a specific object or an object with a specific tag (ie. solid).

Second, if you want them to DO something when they collide (ie. bullet hits zombie), then in the bullet you would create a rule using the COLLISION and set it to destroy itself when it hits a zombie.

In the zombie, you would do the same thing but have it either destroy itself or decrease the zombie health or something like that.