edited December 2014

@gingagaming how can i check that ?

thanks again for the help damien, you been a great help

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584
    edited December 2014

Your package name is incorrect
    It must be com.yourgamescompanyname.yourpackagename

Then ensure that your Leaderboard ID matches whats in Gamesalad

However, I do think Amazon have a problem. Why? Because a recently updated game of mine that is on Google Play, allows the player to login and post their high score - I did it myself. However, Amazon claim that players can't.

Something fishy is certainly going on again with Amazon and their testing. I also get random rejections for device compatibility failures too.

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• a7medo778a7medo778 Member, PRO Posts: 119

thanks @jigglybean for the replay
    how can i change the package name ? i looks like i cant

edited December 2014

@jigglybean and i tryed creating a new profile but i cant associate the app with it

You will have to start over. Once you have made a package name, it can't be changed and if they don't match, you are screwed!

You just need to weight up if its worth it. If you have only had a handful of downloads, then go for it - start over again. I had the same issue earlier in the year when my PC when bang. Despite having my keystore, it was invalid and created a nightmare.

Something is deffo going on with Amazon and their Game circle because an app of mine on GOOGLE PLAY can login to game circle, but Amazon can't.

@jigglybean i am unable to even remove my app from the amazon store... or delete previous security certificates

You will have to use the 'contact us' form on the amazon developer page. Good luck, because they are ultra slow and never read what you actually write.

@jigglybean they removed it from the store :disagree: , its still showing in the panel but in "Suppressed" stats
    so i am going to resubmit another one with the correct security profile

now just to make sure i am doing it correctly
    package name in the gamesalad publishing page has to be the same as in the one in the security profile... is there any where else it has to match ?
    and leader board id it has to match the one in the gamesald project behaviour it self... is there any where elese to match ?

It all has to match. If you follow ginga's guide, you wont go wrong. Avoid caps, underscores etc to keep it simple.

GS package name - com.yourgamescompany.nameofapp
    Amazon apk file - you post that in the 2nd column I think where it asks for the .comXXXXXX stuff

Importantly, your leaderboard name MUST match the name you place as the name of your leaderboard ID.

@jigglybean somehow its still not working !

ofcourse i updated the amazon/kindle api key to match the security profile aswell

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

@a7medo778‌ this issue has gone on way to long. You have made a mistake somewhere. Just clarify this, as of reading this message, what is the issue? Do you have a leaderboard working in Google? Amazon? I read in other threads you had solved this? What problem do you have here? Lets start from scratch and solve this for you.

@gingagaming awesome as always m8

the leaderboard works in ios (obviously) so the code part is correct

now the amazon game circle just dont get started (clicking on the button is almost act like dead end), tracking back to this thread @jigglybean noted that the security profile package name has to match the one in the GS profile... so i requested for the old one to be deleted along with the app
    re created the security profile and game and resubmitted it, and still nothing

doubling back here is what i made sure of
    1- the leaderboard id matches the one in gamecircle
    2- the api of the security profile is used in publisher settings
    3- the security profile attached to the game submission has the same package game as the one in publisher (both google play and kindle files)

so what else ?

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

You must have made a mistake somewhere. I have sent you a PM @a7medo778‌

• DJ0670DJ0670 Member, PRO Posts: 3

@gingagaming I'm having the same problem as @a7medo778 did you guys figure out what it was?

• dragonking94dragonking94 Member Posts: 27

Hi, first thanks for the tutorial, I would like to you help me.

My problem is when I press the button "scores" on my game, the leaderboard and login amazon displayed well, but the leaderboard shows "unranked", why this problem?

Thanks!!

• drizzlingdrizzling Member, PRO Posts: 101

Hi @gingagaming . I have a question regarding the game circle.

I noticed at the game circle page, when I press the button-obtain API Key, the key is different (does not match) from the key generated in the my app section- security profile-android/kindle settings key.

My question is:
    1) Is this supposed to be the way? that the key does not match?
    2) Im doing adhoc testing now on my android device. I noticed that I cant sign in to game circle. However, I am able to view the Leaderboard within my game.

Please advise :s

• igorkoracinigorkoracin Member, PRO Posts: 1

@ookami007 Mac users are super jeli about how awesome the PC is hehe. Here's what you do my friend for the MD5 signature on a PC:

1. Open command prompt
    2. Type in:cd C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_65\bin <---this is just the location of your keytool.exe file. Just search keytool if you don't know where it is.
    3. Hit enter
    4. Locate the keystore file created by Gamesalad to sign your app. Just search for "keystore" if you do not remember where it is.
    5. Go back to the command prompt window and type:keytool -list -v -keystore "[drag the keystore file into the command prompt window (make sure to type in the quotation marks before and after the file location as demonstrated here )]"
    6. Hit enter.
    7. Type in your password. It may seem like its not recognizing the keystrokes but don't worry it is.
    8. Hit enter and voila!

Sorry if it's too late, but it's good for future reference. This works for Java 8 and Windows 10.

• Agent ArgyleAgent Argyle Member, PRO Posts: 188

Hi @drizzling

I don't know if your question got answered already or not but you wrote:

1) Is this supposed to be the way? that the key does not match?
    2) Im doing adhoc testing now on my android device. I noticed that I cant sign in to game circle. However, I am able to view the Leaderboard within my game.

1. Yes- Amazon replaces your key with their own (I assume so they can use DRM)
    2. Try using Amazon's Live App Testing instead of Adhoc.