Who knows how to use adobe fireworks...

ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
because i want to start using vector graphics, but i dont know how to start.

Comments

• zombotszombots Member Posts: 186
    for vector graphics you should you adobe illistrator
  • ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    now you tell me, thanks Touch This! but now how do i make it vectorlike. noob at this.
  • harrioharrio Member Posts: 234
    what's cookin,

if your starting out with vectors you can use inkscape. it's open source, aka free, nearly if not just as powerful as illustrator. and has tons of tutorials on the web.
    i used it to make 'grade invaders'.
    you can learn with it, and if you feel you need to upgrade, then you can pay for illustrator.

but once you use it, you may not ever want to.

noodles...
    thats good but i have the whole adobe suite already cause my brother does image work. still need a little how to though.
  • harrioharrio Member Posts: 234
    what's cookin,

no problem. here is a great site with a ton of tut's and links to other tut sites. i used it to see if i could produce the same results with inkscape.

http://vector.tutsplus.com/

noodles...
  • TobyToby Member Posts: 478
    Fireworks is really good, I use it regularly in combination with Flash. Vectors are pretty good in Fireworks you can cut and paste your illustrator and PSD files right in with layers in-tact.

I primarily use Fireworks for rapid prototyping because its just much better at producing game/web graphics. It supports symbols, Has a library of assets you can manage easily, 9 Slice scaling, Granular text and object styles and master pages.... to name a few cool things

it supports multiple pages so you only need to create one game asset and share it across multiple pages rather than the same GFX in each separate file (Photoshop), Really good for designing levels with lots of repeating tiles.

If a graphic that is defined as a symbol changes or a minor text style needs to change just update the source symbol or style and it populates through the whole document!

Highly recommended.
    cool, i like that site harrio!