Pause game difficulties

JayReiterJayReiter TexasMember Posts: 88

Hello all, I'm having a small problem getting my game to unpause properly. There are two problems specifically: One - I noticed that any audio file (ogg) that is in the middle of being played when pause is activated won't continue to play through once the game has been unpaused. This is especially troubling since all of my scene music files are also OGG files, since that's the only way I can get Gamesalad to properly play my music files. So once the game is paused, and then unpaused, the music for that scene doesn't start back up again.
Problem two - I also noticed that once I do unpause the game, the dialogue under the preview box states that the game is still paused, even though the Enemy Spawner actor still produces actors, my main character actor is able to move around and fire bullet actors, and the enemy actors can move around and fire bullet actors.
This leads me to think that there's either a glitch in the Gamesalad program, or I have a problem with my pause and unpause actors/coding. I'll attach some pics here of what I'm talking about:
Pause 1 photo Pause1.png
This pic is the game normally played before pausing using preview.
Pause 2 photo Pause2.png
This pic shows the game properly paused. The sound stops as does the actors' movement and any background scrolling.
[Pause 3 photo Pause3.png
This pic shows that the game is unpaused. The actors can move and the background scrolls, but my scene music doesn't resume and the dialogue under the preview screen shows that the game is still paused.
[Pause 4 photo Pause4.png
This pic shows my Pause Game actor
[Pause 5 photo Pause5.png
This pic shows the unpause actor, which is in its own "pause scene."