I'm sorry, is GameSalad forums\ support\ software ALIVE?

Hi guys, i'm a nub and as a proud one i got crashed on day 1..
Posting my problem on this forum a couple of days ago yeilded no solution.

I wanted to start making games for mobile using this platform.
Sorry to say this, but it really doesn't matter how rabid is GameSalad or your SEO values on Google-
Zero support is my #1 factor for working (not to mention buying) a product.

BTW- i'm a seasong IT guy- c# dev and system analysis..

Better luck next time.

Comments

• kipdevkipdev Member Posts: 275

What? Im so confused

• Tiny_IdeasTiny_Ideas Member Posts: 326

I hate to say it, but some times you win some other times you don't. It comes down to how helpful your thread was and the details involved. Hope it works out for you

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    edited July 2014

@itayash People on the forum offer help for free and moderators imo should try and help if they see your post.

I would bump your original post to see if your question simply got missed because if it's something simple someone will probably help you out.

edit I have just found your post about not being able to open templates with the pc version of GS, maybe the templates were made with the latest version of the mac creator and as its normally a few versions in front of the pc version it could be the reason why it won't open.

I don't use the pc version because to put it simply I hate it but there was a bug a while back where changing your language settings to US fixed some opening issues, not sure if they fixed this or not tbh.

Darren.

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

@itayash said:

BTW- i'm a seasong IT guy- c# dev and system analysis..

Better luck next time.

This made me LOL. Go play with Unity

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• WbokoWboko Tennessee, USAMember, PRO Posts: 621

@jigglybean said:
    This made me LOL. Go play with Unity

HHAHAHa.... Nice one @jigglybean!

• RPRP Member Posts: 1,990

I would not be surprised if this is one of those youtube troll comentors.

• firezombie444firezombie444 Member Posts: 49

If GameSalad does not fit your needs, just move to another game creator.

• yasoofxyasoofx Member Posts: 332

if you know C# why not use Unity or any other game engine that uses C# . Gamesalad is for people to begin learning the concept of game making and maybe just make a simple game and get millions out of it. well good luck finding a better game engine and a better community like this :disagree:

• lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598
  • ookami007ookami007 Member Posts: 581

I hate to say this... but @itayash IS right. This is one of the least responsive communities in general... and I have been to MANY, MANY over the years.

It's not that we don't have knowledgeable people - we do and I've actually received help myself from them. People like @DeepBlueApps and @gingagaming have helped me with many things to name just two!

To be honest, I'm not sure why so many questions get 0 answers for DAYS. I know... I log in sometimes just to help where I can but often time have to get back to work and don't have time to answer. Then, later, when I log back in... I see the same questions with no answers.

Now, having been to more forums than most, I think the forum software they wrote/use is a big part of the problem. A more standardized forum platform would help IMHO.

Another MAJOR problem is the fact that you have to scroll down two screens to get past the stickies. SERIOUSLY... it's ridiculous. Put all those stickies in their own folders.

Other than that, I think most people here are probably doing game design part time in conjunction with another job and thus aren't able to be on the forums 24 hours a day.

Add that to the fact that this product is still in development and they barely have enough people to work on the product (probably less than enough), let alone have a full time moderator/programmer who answers questions. Hopefully, that will change once things stabilize and the software gets released for real.

I still love the software since it allows me to focus on the game design and not the nitty gritty programming elements.

But like you, I do wish there was a better support system

• Tiny_IdeasTiny_Ideas Member Posts: 326

@ookami007‌ on the website forums, not the mobile, there is a settings icon next to each sticky that when pressed gives the options to dismiss that sticky, I do that with the ones that don't seem to affect me, such as the windows version ones.

Mods is a big concern, I don't see much to nothing happening from them, but I don't know what goes on behind the scene. But moving on from that subject.

Remember, no one has to answer, it because of kindness and the time of each member, that's why there are videos and free templates. It's because care.

There are ups and downs but no one is here to answer the question. If someone has had the same issue that will answer, however if the question has been asked a million times there won't be a response and means go search the forums because there are heaps already discussing the issue.

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    edited July 2014

I hate to say this... but @itayash IS right. This is one of the least responsive communities in general... and I have been to MANY, MANY over the years.>

I'd have to disagree, Maybe I've just had bad luck in other communities, but I think the community in general is super responsive and helpful. A lot of questions do go un-answered, or at least take some time to be answered but you have to remember the entire forum is people who are essentially volunteering their time. If a new user needs immediate support they should be contacting actual support since the forums are not maintained by Gamesalad staff.

Another MAJOR problem is the fact that you have to scroll down two screens to get past the stickies. SERIOUSLY... it's ridiculous. Put all those stickies in their own folders.>

Click the gear next to the star on any of the stickies and remove them as needed.

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    edited July 2014

@ookami007 said:
    I hate to say this... but itayash IS right. This is one of the least responsive communities in general... and I have been to MANY, MANY over the years.

I am about to answer that not as a moderator, or sous chef, but as a member of the GS Forums for more than 4 years.... (btw, it uses a UK technical term):

What a load of ol' cobblers.

Now I'm writing as a Moderator:

I believe @itayash is a troll (i.e I agree with @RP) and other people are so accommodating and helpful (despite @ookami007 thinking otherwise) we all are "strung along". Anyhow, I'm closing this thread; if it opens again, that'll be another mod's decision.

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

This discussion has been closed.