Gamesalad Watch and Learn Vol. 1

Davidramsey2003Davidramsey2003 Member Posts: 12
edited August 2014 in Announce Your Game!

Hello everyone!

My second iphone app just hit the app store! GameSalad Watch and Learn Vol. 1 is a catalog of GameSalad behaviors and actions, with simple explanations and visual demonstrations of simple uses for each. Great for beginners and veterans of GameSalad alike, if you need examples or descriptions of how functions work or just a reminder, this handy app is great to have on you and easy to access at any time.

Only $0.99 in the App Store and available now!

Vol 1. covers behaviors and actions starting with letters A thru L. Positive response on this app will help progress the development of Vol. 2. Please download and let me know what you think!

Screenshots:

Screen1
Screen2
Screen3
Screen4

Get it now!

Comments

• MattButlerStudiosMattButlerStudios Member Posts: 486

Pretty cool idea. I don't think anyone has made one similar to this.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Do you have permission to use the GS logo like that?

• WbokoWboko Tennessee, USAMember, PRO Posts: 621

@The_Gamesalad_Guru said:
    Do you have permission to use the GS logo like that?

Ouch...

• Davidramsey2003Davidramsey2003 Member Posts: 12

Didn't think the logo in this case would be a problem but If someone in charge has a problem with it, I'll be quick to remove it for sure.

Regardless, the app is live and available, so enjoy!

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343
    edited August 2014

For some rreason I was expecting some examples of code but still a nice app.

B)

Let's hope GS hasn't gotten a court order for the word GameSalad like candy crush...flappy bird. I hope not...I mean why would they NOT want to promote their product....I mean really....they used to have it on every splash screen for free users.

There's always going to be someone to try and crush a good thing.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,331
    edited August 2014

Great idea, love it!

I'd be surprised if GameSalad take issue with the use of the logo - it's positive promotion for the application and I'd assume it's similar to putting a "Made with GameSalad" logo on your website or the regular use of it on the third-party template websites.

edited August 2014

A company must defend it's trademark if not they can lose it by default for not defending it. My point was to the TMed logo not the name or the content of the app.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,331
    edited August 2014

@The_Gamesalad_Guru said:
    A company must defend it's trademark if not they can lose it by default for not defending it. My point was to the TMed logo not the name or the content of the app.

GameSalad need to get their lawyers on an awful lot of third-party sites and resources, then.

Thanks for the feedback guys. And Thunder_child, I debated how to include code samples, but came to the conclusion I'd be forced to either record some type of video example of each function, or put screenshots of use cases for each one, so I shelved that idea for later.

And keep the ideas coming, starting on Vol. 2 next week, so if I add anything, I can work on getting it added as an update for Vol. 1 too.

Thanks again!

• ImNiklasImNiklas Member Posts: 103

@The_Gamesalad_Guru @Armelline‌ Ouch, that must hurt :#

• WbokoWboko Tennessee, USAMember, PRO Posts: 621

This one was kind of fun about the logo deal....

Great App @Davidramsey2003!

• scottharrrules43scottharrrules43 Tulsa, OklahomaMember, PRO Posts: 694
    edited August 2014

@Armelline‌, Kill em

edited August 2014

That is DBA and the logo's aren't in the apps. That is a label on their site that shows the software it works on just like using the Apple or windows logo to demonstrate the software something will run on. Just like when you do a video and it shows the apple, android logo. This is totally different as the whole app is about the software not a game made with GS. So I don't consider that a gotcha.

Even if you use it one must put the TM symbol near the logo and credit the TM to gamesalad inc in text. Such as "the Gamesalad Logo is the trademark of Gamesalad Inc."

As I said the app is great for new users. Try putting Apple's logo in an app and see how fast it get's rejected.

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback, and for the downloads. Slow and steady, but I'm glad it's getting at least a little exposure. Thanks again, and keep the feedback coming!

• RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    edited August 2014

Hmmm.. The app is for sale. It has the GS logo smack in the middle.

Maybe I'll get into telling you about my little legal thingy with a retail chain that "borrowed" my work.

Personally (and what has already been suggested to you with someone else with experience), I think you had better add a TM to that AND add whom it belongs to even if "they are cool with it". Drink from the well....

Tutorial apps are sweet! Photics has one. Keep it up. People can use these, just credit where you get it all and there will be harmony.

Hey all, seems we've had moderate response to this, so I was wondering if you guys would like the follow up version covering The rest of the functions in gamesalad?

And to those of you mentioning the logo issues, I will indeed add their trademark to it.

Thanks for the support guys!