wait so I can't use ads in my game?

HappyGOLUCKYHappyGOLUCKY Member, PRO Posts: 102

I just finished a game and finished it on a pc wit the pc version of gamesalad. Can I use ads? What its saying on http://publish.gamesalad.com is that I need 0.11.0 or later... I dont have a mac... I do have the pro version of gamesalad. Please help :(

Answers

• kipdevkipdev Member Posts: 275

You need to have the pro version in order to use ads. Even if you submit a paid version gamesald will put ads in it, but for their profit not yours. Had this same issue when i started. Also had to get a mac

• HappyGOLUCKYHappyGOLUCKY Member, PRO Posts: 102

@kipdev‌ so I do need a mac to have ads? (ads that profit me)

• MattButlerStudiosMattButlerStudios Member Posts: 486
    edited August 2014

You do not need a mac to have ads that profit you. All you need is the pro version of gamesalad and then you can disable GS ads and enable your own. However, I do recommend a mac both because they are reliable and GS runs much more fluent on them.

No not a mac just pro version, i was saying i started on windows and went to Mac because like matt said it works better on mac.

• HappyGOLUCKYHappyGOLUCKY Member, PRO Posts: 102

@kipdev‌ @MattButlerStudios‌ I do have Pro But When I get to the publish page it wont let me check the Admob or Chartboost.. something aboiut having 0.11. or later required. Also Could you please clarify as to how its better on mac and not pc?

thanks
    happy

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

I believe that chartboost and revmob only work on 0.11 and over. 0.11 is currently only availible to mac users at the moment as that version is not released to PC users yet. So unfortunately you can't have ads in android until 0.11 is released to PCs.

Think of it as a PC being a black and white TV. ;) you need a MAC in this game especially if you want to publish to iOS.

Exactly what he said