can ANYONE help please, such a simple thing yet no one has offered a solution yet..

veetovveetov Member, PRO Posts: 5

Hello, Basically my game is a wall jumper, but with two trees at either side. A tree on the left, and a tree on the right. The character goes up the tree by jumping up either side at a time...left, right, left, right etc. going back and forth.

When I tap each tree the system works fine and the character moves to where my finger tapped on the opposite tree, HOWEVER when I touch and DRAG in random places keeping my finger held down (or the mouse button), then the character starts moving all over the place and ends up flying off screen really far up. This is really frustrating me as it seems to be such a simple system involving a touch to move system, yet no one has offered me a solution yet...so here I am asking for help with another question. Thanks to anyone who can help.

(in a nutshell) ::

• Touch to move system between two trees
  • Dont want the user to inlfuence the movement of the character whilst it is travelling to the other tree
  • once the character is on the tree, it is then ok for the user to touch the screen again

thanks...

Comments

• veetovveetov Member, PRO Posts: 5
    edited August 2014

Basically I am making a game where a character jumps from wall to wall based on where the user touches on the walls. The problem I am having is that when I tap and the character moves to the position, I can still affect and move the character if I keep my finger on the screen and start to move it around quickly. It then starts messing the whole movement up and it flies off screen.

I just want a one tap system. So when I tap the wall, it disables any other user interactions such as touhc and drag....Then when the character has reached the other side of the wall, the user is allowed to touch the other side of the wall again.

imgur.com/Seppxfb

• Andrea_ComisiAndrea_Comisi ItalyMember Posts: 328
    edited August 2014

Create an attribute "stopOtherAction" boolean create a rule in the walls
    When touch is pressed change attribute stopotheraction to true
    Otherwise change to false
    So add to the other rules the condition stopotheraction is false.

Sorry for the english

The problem still persists. If I hold down and move finger across screen the squirrel follows. I just want it to go from point to point.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

This is your third thread on this topic. Bumping your other threads would have done just fine...

It's hard to help when we don't know how your mechanic is set up. Pictures would help a lot.

• gamestudentgamestudent Member Posts: 504

I suppose you might also try googling for a template on this as well.

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

Are you constraining your X,Y during touch ? if so change it to a change attribute so you will have to release and touch again to update X,Y position.

Its ok people, I've figured it out.