Fixed. Problem with displayed score keeping, GS Windows

SavvyPracticalitySavvyPracticality Member Posts: 13
edited August 2014 in Working with GS (PC)

Hi All,
I'm new to the community and working on my first game, well really about the 10th build of the first game ;). I'm using a YT tutorial by StusApps to create a (whack-a-mole) game for my 3 yrold.

frst lvl plays, time limit of 60 seconds, goes to Times Up screen, which first displays the score, and then resets both game score and game timer. All went great, added second lvl, it also goes to the Times Up scrn, then added 2 menu buttons that would take you to either frst lvl, or second lvl. I set both buttons to reset game score, and timer, played game again and Times up screen now plays all messages, but doesn't keep score.

I deleted the score instance from layers, put it back in, that didn't work. I deleted all rules from score, and re-input and that didn't fix it. score keeps fine in the lvls, but displays a big fat zero on Times Up scrn. "Score" itself is an actor on that screen with the display text/game.score instructions.

Ember could care less that the score isn't there, but its kind of driving me insane.

Thanks if you can help!

p.s. adding a timer to the menu buttons didn't work. removing 10s screen change timer from Times Up scrn didn't either.

Edited to add: Fixed. I added a menu scrn, and put all the level buttons there, times up scrn changes game attributes and is on a 5 second change scene timer to menu scrn. Up to lvl 10 now and all is working great.