Spawning actors randomly without touching each other?

gama3gama3 Member Posts: 29

I have been following the tutorial made by TSB on youtube, but he is using a Mac, so I lost him after a while. I have everything up past making a table, then things start to fall apart.\

I'm not sure what to do when he says "Index", so I used integer instead. Then when he adds the rule "Change attribute" to the spawner, I don't get the option to select "Random Location". Is there another way to do this on windows?

To clarify, My objective is to spawn a specific actor at random locations on a set grid without touching. I also wish to spawn a different actor onto the same grid also without touching the other actor. Does someone know how to do this as well?

Here is the video for context:

Comments

• gama3gama3 Member Posts: 29

I have been following the tutorial made by TSB on youtube, but he is using a Mac, so I lost him after a while. I have everything up past making a table, then things start to fall apart.\

I'm not sure what to do when he says "Index", so I used integer instead. Then when he adds the rule "Change attribute" to the spawner, I don't get the option to select "Random Location". Is there another way to do this on windows?

To clarify, My objective is to spawn a specific actor at random locations on a set grid without touching. I also wish to spawn a different actor onto the same grid also without touching the other actor. Does someone know how to do this as well?

Here is the video for context:

• RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,880

These two threads have been merged. Please don't create multiple threads for the same subject.

• RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,880

"Random Location" is the name of the index attribute that was created. In your case you would make an integer attribute and rename it "Random Location".

Then when you use a change attribute behavior, the attribute name "Random Location" will be available in the attribute browser.