NEW WEBSITE!!! DESIGNERS IN NEED!!!

SethsAppsSethsApps Member, PRO Posts: 328
Upon having just jailbroken my ipad the other day I found that there were veryy few themes in "HD" for the ipad. So I decided to create a company dedicated to doing just that. So now I am in early stages. I need a name for the company, I'm working on putting together a website where everyone can download the themes we make online, and I'm ready to submit the themes to cydia and rock.

Theres just one thing though, I need some people to help kick off the site and themes and possibly stay with the company through the coming months and years that we are making themes!

So if you want to get your name out there (yes, you will be credited 100% for your themes) then contact me at iluveunc@yahoo.com

We are looking for:
- Media/Advertising Agent -- someone who can easily get sponsors for the website to cover the cost of owning a domain.

- Designers -- People that know themes for jailbroken devices inside and out and have created themes before. These people should know how to make images and icons and package them to be ready on cydia.

- Graphics Personelle -- People that know how to create images for themes but dont know anything about packaging them for cydia. We will package the images for you when you send them into us.

So once again if you would like to fill one of these positions send me an email at iluveunc@yahoo.com and we can change the slim number of ipad themes for jailbroken devices!

Comments

• RHRH Member Posts: 1,079
    "(yes, you will be credited 100% for your themes)"

whilst you keep 100% profit?

Remind me what you other amazing offer that we couldn't refuse was?
  • synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
    And this has WHAT to do with GameSalad? You may want to try an Apple iPhone Dev forum.
  • SethsAppsSethsApps Member, PRO Posts: 328
    First of all these arent PAID themes! Gosh people think its all about money, this site would only be free apps and @synthesis, half of the subjects on here have nothing to do with gamesalad im just simply spreading the word.
  • RHRH Member Posts: 1,079
    SurgeApps said:
    First of all these arent PAID themes! Gosh people think its all about money,

In which case it would be a not for profit organization rather than a company
    Sort of yes but company sounds cooler :)
  • BarkBarkCoBarkBarkCo Member Posts: 1,400
    I'm sure the website could turn a profit in advertising if it got popular enough...

A company isn't an NPO just because it gives something away for free...
  • DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    We're busy making games here. Try another forum.
  • chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    dhondon said:
    We're busy making games here. Try another forum.

No need to be rude.... theres endless posts here about the same sh*t over and over again... this ones actually interesting :D

Although... without any profit going to us..... and name recognition just isn't enough.... I can't see myself doing this until theres some form of $$$$$$$$$$$$$

@SurgeApps your right... it's not all about making money.... but it seems to me its the only thing that pays the bills.... If you would like to change your company/ organization into a $$$$$ generating machine...I'm sure many of us (including myself) would be happily interested, but so much of our time right now goes to games (that make money) and in this ever increasingly competitive world, none of us have free time to giving away themes for free....

So change your business model hint: ($$$$$$$) and we'll be waiting :D

Good luck to you and all your freeware!
    Lets say I did put the apps up for a paid amount, would anyone join the squad?? And would 100% of all of your themes profits and ownership going to the developer of that theme sound fair? I need some takers so we can get this new idea rolling Im sick of having no themes!
    SurgeApps said:
    Lets say I did put the apps up for a paid amount, would anyone join the squad?? And would 100% of all of your themes profits and ownership going to the developer of that theme sound fair? I need some takers so we can get this new idea rolling Im sick of having no themes!

Oh Yeah :D
    Shoot me an email @chosenonestudios and we can get this online community started and tell any others you may know that would like to make some $$$$

Thanks - Seth
    My email is iluveunc@yahoo.com in case youve forgotten :) haha
    No one is willing to make some money doing something as simple as making themes? And you even get your name out there in front of all of the jailbreakers!
    SurgeApps said:
    No one is willing to make some money doing something as simple as making themes? And you even get your name out there in front of all of the jailbreakers!

If it's that simple, why don't you do it yourself?
    I wouldn't be associated with jailbreakers.
  • BarkBarkCoBarkBarkCo Member Posts: 1,400
    @dhondon, Probably too late. ;-) I'm sure that quite a few users here have jailbroken their iDevice before...
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    dhondon said:
    I wouldn't be associated with jailbreakers.

I thought I was the only one thinking this!
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    SurgeApps said:

I love how in all your money making posts, there's always a follow up post shortly after expressing incredulity at the lack of interest/feedback.

Always makes me chuckle!

QS

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    quantumsheep said:
    I love how in all your money making posts, there's always a follow up post shortly after expressing incredulity at the lack of interest/feedback.

Good word...
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/incredulity
    Thanks! Haha I like to make random followup posts but I think its a good idea, however I cant do it alone thats why I need help, I dont have that much time on my hands. Only enough to approve of the themes and manage the website.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    too busy tapping no doubt

sorry that was mean
    :)
    @synthesis, half of the subjects on here have nothing to do with gamesalad...

And this is somewhat of a problem in my opinion...as the board tends to get cluttered....and this post has little if nothing to do with game development. Which is why I suggested another iPhone oriented OS dev forum.
    And you even get your name out there in front of all of the jailbreakers!

The last thing I want is the jailbreakers to know I exist. The second to last thing is that I do not want to support jailbreaking activity in ANY way...as "jailbreaking" is a cool way to say "piracy". Its unethical and its illegal. Jailbreaking does not sit well with my FOR PROFIT business model.
    synthesis said:
    The last thing I want is the jailbreakers to know I exist. The second to last thing is that I do not want to support jailbreaking activity in ANY way...as "jailbreaking" is a cool way to say "piracy". Its unethical and its illegal. Jailbreaking does not sit well with my FOR PROFIT business model.

Ooh didn't think about that.... considering my name is on all the apps i publish... might not be such a good idea after all....
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    @synthesis ... um .... no its not illegal. You bought your idevice, its up to you what you do with it. Yes it'll void your warranty but its not illegal. When i had my iphone 2g i'll jailbroke it, not to do bad as you obviously think all jailbreakers do but to achieve more from a restricted device. i.e. i wanted to change my background back then, i wanted to customise the look including the icons, i wanted a theme, i wanted folders to put my apps in, i wanted freedom! Now obviously jailbreaking can be used for the bad, free apps and games, which is probably where your drawing 'illegal' from, and the program crackulous allowed touch cracking and no 'skills' or knowledge needed! I personally used Cydia and Rock Store to get some great features to my phone which should have been there potentially from the start, why couldnt i change my ringtones to what i wanted, again the look of my phone with my wallpapers etc? Christ i could do these on all my previous crappy phones, remember this thing is a smart phone! Not very smart if i cant do those changes! lol. I also got an app that allowed me to record video on the 2g. Basically jailbreaking can be used for the good or the bad. How much would you love to wirelessly sync with itunes? no connection cables! A student developed an app which done just that, obviously rejected by Apple but he put it up for sale in the jailbroken channels, i think in the first day/week/month (sorry cant remember) he made $200,000, truth is, if it was allowed on the app store he'd be a millionaire easily. When Apple rejected it, without the jailbreaking community, he'd be left with nothing, months and months no doubt of hard work developing a fantastic app for nothing! All im trying to point out is you cant label everyone the same, having the view of everyone jailbreaking for bad reasons is strictly not true! Now Apple are getting better, i.e. in 4.0 we now have folders, camera zoom, multi-tasking, can change all backgrounds etc, for me, there is now no need to jailbreak!
    SurgeApps said:
    Thanks! Haha I like to make random followup posts but I think its a good idea, however I cant do it alone thats why I need help, I dont have that much time on my hands. Only enough to approve of the themes and manage the website.

Why start an project you don't have time for? I can help with the approving so you get some time for theme creation:) hehe!
    @beefy,
    Yes...I was referring to cracking and STEALING apps. I, as a developer, which not to support ANY elements associated with piracy activity. Its bad for business. I recommend others do the same. If you support jailbreaking activity...then you are supporting an underground system that enables piracy.

The more support it gets...the stronger it gets.
  • ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    What about the thought that apple shuts the dev down for finding out they participated in a jailbreak site
    Chaser said:
    What about the thought that apple shuts the dev down for finding out they participated in a jailbreak site

Thats what I was thinking about..