Android build only showing loading screen briefly

zenoahzenoah Member, PRO Posts: 56

Anyone else having an issue with the loading screen on an Android device. My project starts to load showing the load screen for a second and then goes back to a black screen after which the game finishes loading?

It also rotates the screen in-between the brief showing of the screen and the load sequence.

Same project works fine on iOS btw.

Thanks,
Anthony

Comments

• yattamoveyattamove Member Posts: 236

I have that problem when using a startup ad in Android. I just disabled startup ads to have players a smooth gaming experience. I know that hurts monetization, but in the long run, if players get annoyed, I won't have any revenue at all. What GS version are you using?

• zenoahzenoah Member, PRO Posts: 56

Latest release 0.11.1.11.

This isn't a new bug, i've seen it in every app I make on Android. Some don't even use adverts so I doubt it's to do with that.

• FiguromoFiguromo Member, PRO Posts: 42

Same issue here. I don't use any startup ads so I don't have a solution...

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

Could be:

1. You have selected the wrong orientation in you ad campaign.
    2. You have a scene that is on the wrong orientation in your project.
  • clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194
    edited September 2014

I have had this problem with my last few projects. Is it because my project is iPad sized and I'm letting android overscan? I've tried every acceptable splash screen size and they all do the same thing. @BlackCloakGS‌ ?

• AJaymzAJaymz Member, PRO Posts: 164

I have this problem too. I have no ads in game. All orientation is portrait in every scene. Still get that black screen. I have settings "stretch" to fit screen also.

• game ongame on Sun Valley, California Member, PRO Posts: 79

Same here guys. I made my game universal to fit all tablets and smartphones (set to overscan).

On Android a HUGE loadscreen pops-up for a sec, then goes to black. I am using Chartboost boot-up ads.

Really hope Gamesalad fixes this and add "Upside-down, Supported Orientations" for Android soon.

• ChechesoftChechesoft Member, PRO Posts: 171

Was this issue resolved? I think ihappening the same in my las Android game...