Car Physics - Gluing one actor to the other! (Paid)

Tiny_IdeasTiny_Ideas Member Posts: 326

Hi all,

This is going to be a fairly complex issues from my experience with GameSalad, but if you continue reading you may know how to do this.

Here is what I am looking for:

There is a car - broken down into two (2) actors.

They need to be able to react as if they were one.

Need to be able to add controls (or make it easy enough for me to add) to accelerate and brake, reverse.

The collusion area needs to be as shown.

The car's logic needs to be able to go up and down hills - as shown.

Car's logic needs to be able to gain air/jump when going up ramps etc

• Also notice that the two actors do not line up with their Y - Positions. One sits below the other as shown.

Please contact me by PM - or post here and I will contact you if you are interested or capable of creating this:

Price will be discussed as well as more details - looking anywhere from $10 - 100 (Price limit is adjustable)

Look forward to your response
Jeromy

Comments

• Tiny_IdeasTiny_Ideas Member Posts: 326

Just been advised that that its easier to have circles as wheels when making a car going up hill!

• Not sure if its true or easier for collusion etc but here is what it would need to be like.

• Andrea_ComisiAndrea_Comisi ItalyMember Posts: 328

You need to constrain their poisition to car position- the distance from the car, so
    Constrain attribute: self position x to carPositionX-(carPositionX-selff positionx) do the same for the y axis. (The car is the pink rectangle).
    For the collision you need to to put the same collisions bheaviors in all the actor.
    For the movements you need to put the move bheaviors in the pink rectangle

@Andrea_Comisi‌

Thanks - But if only it was that easy :)

First - the constraining method you said will only work if the car isn't subject to rotation. But the car is and therefore it will not work.

For the constrains to work you have to include the rotation of the main actor and use Sin and Cos along with some other numbers to give the correct positioning no matter what the rotation is. I have done this many times.

The issue with this is that it is all constraining to the one actor - which means one actor decides if the whole car is going to fall, is the car rotates etc.

For a more realistic experience and more enjoyable, each actor needs to act like it is one. If the back end of the car hits a wall while falling down then the rest of the car needs to react to the same situation.

I am currently trying to constrain a version using just the wheels as done by previous members. However until someone PM that they can do it and for the price then I will continue by myself.

Its like Hill Climb racing but without so much control on the wheels, Just want the collusion working like a car rather than a square.

UPDATE:

Hopefully this can get someone on the ball. Attached is my current way to "fake it",
    you will notice that when you go over the edge slowly the wheels go into the wall. But
    its easy enough to attach the rest of the body on to this, and it will be fine if there was some way to get the collusion of the wheels better.

• Andrea_ComisiAndrea_Comisi ItalyMember Posts: 328

Thanks

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

I have this demo made by somebody (not me) sitting in my GS assets folder. Perhaps it'll help or give you some extra ideas.

@Armelline said:
    I have this demo made by somebody (not me) sitting in my GS assets folder. Perhaps it'll help or give you some extra ideas.

Yeah I have that one as well - Thanks

I been looking at it and experimenting different ways to make the wheels more smoother, and keep a constant distance. No luck there.

Now I am doing a lot of homework on how to make something also be a certain distance from someone (using magnitude) and then also account for collusions etc.

Thanks

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

The rotation shouldn't be an issue as all the actors are lined up vertical. You should be able to constrain the rotation of the three objects to the main rectangle. Although the circles shouldn't matter as to rotation. I would link rotation to velocity using a rotation behavior.