State of GameSalad on 8-20-2014

2»

Comments

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610
    edited August 2014

@Jeromy said:
    That being said, if the GS Team doesn't add Joints by the end of the year I can't guarantee this good heart of mine will be around when renewal time comes.

Add this to the new bug database as an Enhancement so people can vote for it which will bump it up the priority list.

I was very impressed with their work in recent weeks that I went and bought a PRO license. I don't have any need for the features at this point of time. It was just my way of giving "a high five".

>

I also gave you an Awesome, GS is doing a great job and we need to support them.

• robertkdalerobertkdale USAMember Posts: 912

:) Thank You!

Big Smile Games Play Happy!
    Check out our other GameSalad exclusives.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Bitvork‌ and @Armelline‌ I don't think Buildbox is any threat to GS Developers. If there are many who adopt the software, at that exorbitant fee, they will just be pumping out cookie-cutter apps. Do real inventors, architects and engineers play with Lego? I don't think so. :)

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782

@PhilipCC said:
    Do real inventors, architects and engineers play with Lego? I don't think so. :)

Now I am insulted! :o :D

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@adent42 said:
    Regarding HTML5 and Arcade:

This release of Arcade will NOT enable self hosted HTML5 games.

This IS using an updated code base that will make that feature easier to implement in the future. In the interest of streamlining, we've remove some features for the time being like favoriting and play counts. The focus was simplifying the interface and bringing it in line with our existing code base (and making the game play area BIGGER!)

In the future we'll also be adding full screen support and an adaptive mobile design.

We DO plan to support HTML5 self publishing, but there's no time frame yet. I will be working on it before most of the features I just mentioned. Except for full screen support. I'm working on that in between other projects as we speak and hope to have that out to you shortly after release.

Statements about when HTML5 self hosting will happen, in order of certainty:

It will happen.
    I'm confident it will happen before the end of the year.
    I'd like it to happen before the end of the quarter.

I hope that answers your questions!

Why not just remove the redirect through tizen publishing so we can toy with HTML output? This can't be a complicated thing to do. Since tizen is now a pro only feature this will not interfere with revenue issues for GS. PLEASE remove the restriction that only allows the HTML file to run on the host machine.

• robertkdalerobertkdale USAMember Posts: 912

Thank you! :)

Big Smile Games Play Happy!
    Check out our other GameSalad exclusives.

• CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143

Move along. There's nothing to see here.

• CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143

:D

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited August 2014
  • nikkonnikkon Member, PRO Posts: 111

i liked the look of that :)

• aanbariaanbari Member, PRO Posts: 15

@ForumNinja and @CodeWizard‌ , thanks for the update. Great progress. I'm sorry to ask again, but do you know when we will be able to export to or import from Camera Roll? I would really appreciate an answer. Thank you!!

• FrantoFranto Member Posts: 779
    edited August 2014

The improvements to the arcade are absolutely outstanding. You can resize the screen now.

• RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    edited August 2014

Hooo man.... That was sooo under the radar. Dump water on it quick!