User defined sites add on Android sdk on Mac?

jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584
edited August 2014 in Working with GS (Mac)

Hi all
Im having problems setting up my developer environment on my mac. I want to add the Amazon SDK add on link http://kindle-sdk.s3.amazonaws.com/addon.xml to my Android SDK like I did with Windows but for the life of me, cant seem to find the link/Manager to add this user defined link

I've installed and updated the Android SDK but need to add Amazon and I have downloaded that SDK and again, it doesnt appear to have an installer. There was a video on setting this up but cant find it anywhere :(

thanks in advance

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

Answers

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610
    edited August 2014

The_Gamesalad_Guru has a lot of good videos on this

Basically drag and drop the "Apps-SDK" from Amazon into your Home folder (It has the little house icon). It would be a good idea to watch all his vids on Android and Amazon to get a handle on everything mac related.

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584
    edited August 2014

I was watching some of them this morning but I really havent the time to search through them all to find what I need.

With the windows version, you can add extra add-ons for the SDK to search for updates, like chartboost and Amazon, which is where that link comes in.

It then automatically adds Amazons sdk to the android one

Just had a look around, does it go in the 'extras' folder?

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Yes it does or it did last I saw.

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

Hi Dave

I did drop the Amazon folder in my 'user' folder and is that it? The SDK is missing the 'tools' drop down, so I can add in user defined sites like Amazon. Just wondering.

cheers