Loading screen art won't delete

WOLFENSTEINWOLFENSTEIN Member, PRO Posts: 64

I'll start by saying I'm very new to Gamesalad, and game developing in general. (My previous experience was limit to Hammer SDK for the source engine), and I've got a problem I'm hoping you the reader know how to fix.

I recently added a loading screen, a simple little paint file that says "Loading" on a white background, however since I added this my app crashes when I attempt to launch the game portion of the app from inside the app.

I'm not sure if it's actually that making it continuously crash (I can't see how it would) but I just want it gone, but the stubborn thing won't go. I've clicked the X 1000 times, it vanishes for a time, then I generate a new version and it's back. I can't get it to go and stay gone. How can I do this?

Thanks for reading.

P.S - I may have posted this in the wrong section.. I'm not too sure.

Comments

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782

WOLF, firstly, if you take the special characters out of your name, then your avatar will display properly.

To your question: If you are talking about deleting an image from the Images Panel in the creator, there is a bug that has been worked on but still persists under certain conditions.

Temporary fix: If it is a particularly large image that you want to get rid of at the moment, import a small placeholder image with the exact same name to overwrite the large one.

• WOLFENSTEINWOLFENSTEIN Member, PRO Posts: 64

Thank you for replying Hopscotch.

(I'll sort the name thing out a bit later. This is my steam name so I just thought I'd keep it, didn't even notice the avatar issue). It's not inside the creator I'm having an issue with, it's after it's published, in the iPhone section (where you generate and sign the .app) about half way down that screen is the display 'custom loading image', and I can't delete my image from that.

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782

I see, just tried it. Yep, image comes back after generating. You can report this as a bug.

However, I suggest that you do create a new splash screen PNG according to the dimensions specified and overwrite the existing one. You don't want just a black screen.

I doubt that the image is making your app crash though.

• WOLFENSTEINWOLFENSTEIN Member, PRO Posts: 64

I deleted that publication of the game and re-uploaded it as a new publication (with all the same old info). The loading screen is gone but the app is still crashing, which is unusual, it didn't crash before I uploaded it. Kind of a head scratcher.

I'll keep hammering away at it, worst case scenario I'll build it again I suppose, might have made a few mistakes, but it's my first proper project after all. Thank you for your assistance, Hopscotch!

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682

I'm having this exact same issue.
    I once had an image which said 'Loading...' as a custom loading image and after deleting it within the GameSalad web publisher it still persists.

I've tried changing it for a completely new image but it still shows up for a split second and I'm also getting crashes on startup.

I've created a bug report below, please vote if you are also experiencing these problems.
    Thanks.

http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1255