Your new web developer!

2»

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@WebWarrior‌
    I know you're busy with other stuff right now, but this is something that has affected my work flow this week.

In the publisher, would it be possible to move the app icon into each platform instead of a global icon? I have different icons for both iOS and Android since they have different requirements, and it's a pain to remember to update it with every build.

• WebWarriorWebWarrior Member, PRO Posts: 62

@jonmulcahy said:
    WebWarrior‌
    I know you're busy with other stuff right now, but this is something that has affected my work flow this week.

In the publisher, would it be possible to move the app icon into each platform instead of a global icon? I have different icons for both iOS and Android since they have different requirements, and it's a pain to remember to update it with every build.

That's a good idea. Probably not a quick and simple change, unfortunately, but it sounds like we're going to be revisiting the Publishing workflow in the near-ish future so we'll keep it in mind!

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Bring the Wiki back? I'm guessing Learn GS is the new front of community knowledge so that may suffice. It's always seemed a shame that there is so much collective knowledge in these forums (the Spare Code thread alone is worth its weight in gold) and yet it's largely hidden unless you're quite skilled at searching.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• ThoPelThoPel GermanyMember, PRO Posts: 184
    edited July 2015

Yes, a wiki or a much finer breakdown of the forum topics would be super.

@WebWarrior Why not replace the forum search by Google Custom Search? Many GS user use Google.

• As_Of_LatteAs_Of_Latte Member, BASIC Posts: 343
    edited July 2015

@WebWarrior Welcome :)

As a Pro user, I spend most of my time in the GS forums reasearching and staying informed on the product.

Perhaps, the forum experience could be improved?

Here are my suggestions:

1) A simple/clean redesign. Comforting colors and organized atmosphere.

2) Easier navigation. I tend to get lost or have trouble finding certain areas. For example, I had no idea I could reports bugs/vote. This was very hard to find.

3) Clean up the list of links on the right side of the forums. Maybe a dropdown menu to hide them?

4) Perhaps a better profile page experience for the users? It'd be cool for users to add profile pics, games they've published (with pictures), current works in progress, comment on each other page, a user bio/description. Nothing too extreme, but just a little more personal and pleasant to look at.

I apologize if what I've suggested above is already possible...If it is possible I am unaware :#.

• WebWarriorWebWarrior Member, PRO Posts: 62

So we don't have a whole lot of control of the forums - they're provided by Vanilla - but we were definitely planning to revamp the theme eventually, among other things. Thanks for the feedback!

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@WebWarrior said:
    So we don't have a whole lot of control of the forums - they're provided by Vanilla - but we were definitely planning to revamp the theme eventually, among other things. Thanks for the feedback!

I love redesigns!

• kolabokolabo Member Posts: 240

@WebWarrior said:

First off, seeing as you're first year with GS is sometime about now, Happy work anniversary! I wish you a few more as part of their team.

And then my question, Could the flag button be moved to the end of the row?

It is very easy for lefties like me to accidently hit this button when scrolling on our ipads... before the flag button was added I would sometimes hit the quote button, and that was easier to notice.