Continuous crash issue.

WOLFENSTEINWOLFENSTEIN Member, PRO Posts: 64

I've got a problem with an app I'm testing on my iPhone, I'll give you a bit of history with ways I've attempted to solve it.

The app launches, but then as I attempt to play the 'game' portion of the app, which I assume would be the most processor / ram heavy portion of the app it crashes out, I found an optimization guide and re-sized every image as best as I could, deleted all artwork that wasn't being used and it still crashes upon opening.

So I decided to try something a little more radical, I decided to use that re-sized artwork and build my app on a new project from the ground up, presently it has three screens.

It opens fine onto the welcome page. A background image with two invisible actors hovering over buttons drawn onto the background. One takes you to an instructions page, (which works fine). And the other takes you to the game. At this stage the 'game' only has three actors, the player controlled actor, a background, and a moving floor wrapping around the screen, yet it's still crashing when I attempt to open this part on the iPhone?

What could be causing this? I am genuinely out of ideas. (Also I wouldn't know how to paste a crash report without copying a wall of text from xCode).

Comments