Actors that become corrupted over time?

Has anyone have an actor that became corrupted over time? Im making an app thats been taking me awhile and every now and then a actor will no longer work. In order to fix it i have to create a new actor with the same attributes and it works just fine. Not a real biggy but it does waste some time. Heres more info on my app at http://gamesaladappdev.blogspot.com/.

Comments

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

You should use a different image for your actor. Using Dong Nguyen's artwork is stealing.

The actor not working is probably the retribution of the god of Copyright. ;)

• Speedy007Speedy007 Member Posts: 229

Haha...lol... yeah, i figured since the original flappy bird was such a popular game i'd add in a few twists. Kinda combine a endless survival/shoot em up game with flappy bird characters. Throw in a few upgradable weapons and perks. Oh what could go wrong. Copyright God have mercy on my soul...lol...But i think the problem has to do with me transferring the game to my new mac.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Speedy007 said:
    Haha...lol... yeah, i figured since the original flappy bird was such a popular game i'd add in a few twists.

It doesn't really matter how many twists you put in your game, stealing other people's property and selling it on as your own - or even just giving it away - is illegal, Dong Nguyen (and now Apple) are taking action against these infringements (in the past Apple were pretty lax), so it would be a shame for anyone to put effort into a project only to see it either taken down or, if you are unlucky, cost you a lot of money.

@Speedy007 said:
    Copyright God have mercy on my soul.

lol :smile: Just pray to him every day, gods love a bit of prayer, but just to be safe I'd stick a hat and glasses on Flappy Bird.

• jay2dxjay2dx Member Posts: 611
    edited August 2014

Hang on a moment! flappy bird is basically a mario world character! As are the pipes etc,, Am I wrong?

• Speedy007Speedy007 Member Posts: 229

I actually used the bird in another app i made Extreme Flappy. It made it into the app store and has 125 downloads. It has decent gameplay(I have been told its wayyyy to hard) but the art is crappy so i don't think it will get downloaded much anymore. I have also seen the bird(different color or size) in other flappy parodies. GameSalad itself is selling actor animations from other popular app games. With slight alterations to the image of course. Well if it comes to the app being removed i shall slap a smile on my bird or give him a tale or something...lol...

And yes to all those wondering i am addicted the the word Flappy...lol...jk

Actually you right. or at least its been said that the pipes and/or some sounds have been taken from Mario. People have criticized him greatly for that. But with the $$$ that he was making im sure he didnt care..lol