App got rejected PLA 3.3.12

Hi everybody
After my app been in review for 8 days it got rejected because of PLA 3.3.12 .
This is the message I got
"PLA 3.3.12

We found your app uses the iOS Advertising Identifier but does not include ad functionality. This does not comply with the terms of the iOS Developer Program License Agreement, as required by the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, section 3.3.12 of the iOS Developer Program License Agreement states:

"You and Your Applications (and any third party with whom you have contracted to serve advertising) may use the Advertising Identifier, and any information obtained through the use of the Advertising Identifier, only for the purpose of serving advertising. If a user resets the Advertising Identifier, then You agree not to combine, correlate, link or otherwise associate, either directly or indirectly, the prior Advertising Identifier and any derived information with the reset Advertising Identifier."

Note: iAd does not use the AdSupport framework, ASIdentifierManager, or the Advertising Identifier. Therefore they are not required for iAd implementations and should not be included in your app for iAd support.

If your app is serving ads, please:

• Ensure that you have tested your app on a device, not just the simulator, and that you have removed all previous versions of your app prior to testing

• Provide us the steps to locate ads in your app

If your app does not serve ads, please check your code - including any third-party libraries - to remove any instances of:

class: ASIdentifierManager
selector: advertisingIdentifier
framework: AdSupport.framework"
@BlackcloakGS or anybody else, do you know how to fix this problem???

Comments

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

What kind of ads are you serving?

• FajlajpFajlajp Member Posts: 666

@‌pHghost
    Since Im´n not a pro user, I can´t choose. But it´s seems like it´s by deafault checked at chartboost at internal ads, and revmob at start up ads.
    photo ScreenShot2014-08-29at205637_zpsae77c02c.png

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Hmm -- in that case I would try to get in touch with the GS support team, since it might have something to do with their implementation of ads into non-PRO games.

According to what they say, for now I would try to resubmit and not check the use of the identifier, since they don't see any ads there.

• Jossimaru6Jossimaru6 Member, PRO Posts: 5

Hi everyone!

I submitted three apps 10 days ago but yesterday I got the same rejection for all three apps. can someone help please, please, please?

the rejection states:

We found your app uses the iOS Advertising Identifier but does not include ad functionality. This does not comply with the terms of the iOS Developer Program License Agreement, as required by the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, section 3.3.12 of the iOS Developer Program License Agreement states:

"You and Your Applications (and any third party with whom you have contracted to serve advertising) may use the Advertising Identifier, and any information obtained through the use of the Advertising Identifier, only for the purpose of serving advertising. If a user resets the Advertising Identifier, then You agree not to combine, correlate, link or otherwise associate, either directly or indirectly, the prior Advertising Identifier and any derived information with the reset Advertising Identifier."

Note: iAd does not use the AdSupport framework, ASIdentifierManager, or the Advertising Identifier. Therefore they are not required for iAd implementations and should not be included in your app for iAd support.

If your app is serving ads, please:

Ensure that you have tested your app on a device, not just the simulator, and that you have removed all previous versions of your app prior to testing

Provide us the steps to locate ads in your app

If your app does not serve ads, please check your code - including any third-party libraries - to remove any instances of:

class: ASIdentifierManager selector: advertisingIdentifier framework: AdSupport.framework"

I don't know what to do? my family are so excited to use the apps but Ive told them to hold on for now. please please please Help.
    Thank you in advance

• PaxtonPaxton Member Posts: 89

Same issue here... this is clearly not an isolated case. On my test device, when AdHoc-testing, the iAds are there. How come it got rejected because it doesn't have ad functionality?

• rombowichrombowich Member, PRO Posts: 37

Any Solutions?

I Have the same issues! I have about 5 Apps - no problems with add support by chart boost but at my newest entry it won't work.

quick help please!

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited October 2014

if you only use iADS
    DONT SELECT IDFA

= DONE

If you use chart boost and it gets rejected its because incompetent apple reviewers
    because they some times just don't test long enough to see it. Thats why I now use Startup ads to come through the review process and update with interstitials after

• rombowichrombowich Member, PRO Posts: 37

@BigDave said:
    if you only use iADS
    DONT SELECT IDFA

= DONE

If you use chart boost and it gets rejected its because incompetent apple reviewers
    because they some times just don't test long enough to see it. Thats why I now use Startup ads to come through the review process and update with interstitials after

Thanks for the quick answer, I´ll try it!

@BigDave said:
    if you only use iADS
    DONT SELECT IDFA

= DONE

That is not the case in my scenario.

I use iAds, and I did tick that I use the IDFA - it got rejected. I resubmitted, this time without selecting IDFA when submitting in iTunes Connect. It still got rejected, for a second time.

I am still looking for answers :(

• isamu isamu japanMember, PRO Posts: 21

I have also got a metadata rejected with an error does not appear IAD.
    Solution Want

Hello everyone.
    Incorporating the IADS I'm having problems in trouble but not display the time of the appraisal.
    Below is the reply from Apple, I do not know what to may be after specifically,
    The solution I want to know.

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

If you are using iAds, please note that your app does not need to use the AdSupport framework, ASIdentifierManager, or the iOS Advertising Identifier for iAd support. We recommend reviewing all associated reference material and other resources available in the iOS Dev Center for iAds.

At the time of review, we found your app was using the iOS Advertising Identifier but does not include ad functionality, which is not in compliance with the terms of the iOS Developer Program License Agreement as required by the App Store Review Guidelines.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

If you are a free user we insert ads into your game (we have to pay the build some how) we use chartboost and thus you need to check IDFA.

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610
    edited October 2014

@isamu if you are only using iAds and you are a Pro user uncheck IDFA during the submission process.

UPDATE

I deleted the Show Banner behaviour in my app, re-added it, and the submitted once more with IDFA NOT checked. This time, it got approved. I'm not sure if what I did makes any technical sense, but it worked in my case.

It is checking to iAd with submissions.
    The advertisement to be used is only iAd.

I also submitted the binary for update by the method.
    However, it was refused.

@colanderPosts , you are a Pro user uncheck IDFA during the submission process.
    Professional users do not check to Apple IADS!
    This is the correct answer ?

edited November 2014

@isamu no. When you submit your app for review in iTunes one of the questions they ask you is do you use IDFA. If you are a Pro and only have iAds in your game leave the box unchecked.

EDIT: Just resubmit your app and you will see it.

Yes, examination if off the check at the time of appraisal will pass, but Now
    When did you inform the Apple that you are using the ad?

Be a mistake because are translating.
    Best regards

If you only use Apple iAds you don't check the box. You only check it for ads that do not come from Apple.

iAd is do not have to check it because it is Apple's advertising, it is checked in the case of other advertising, this really is correct.

Thank you.