Amazon rejection...help needed please...

RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682

Hi

I just had an update to my app rejected by Amazon because of two things:

1: 'Music not pausing when device goes into hibernate mode' (I've seen the hibernate behavior but I've never used it....could somebody please let me know how it works?)

2: My ads do not link to other apps on Amazon store. (i was quite surprised by this one....are Amazon now banning any ad links to anywhere outside Amazon or has this always been the case and I've been lucky up till now?)

Any help very gratefully received as I'm currently at a complete loss :(

Comments

• yattamoveyattamove Member Posts: 236
    1. I've never used hibernate either. I don't have an Amazon device but it should be the same with other Androids right? When the device is sleeping, the game "hibernates", no sound, etc. My games does that and they are live in the Amazon app store.

2. My live apps are not linking any Amazon apps either. I am thinking maybe you applied for the $6cpm guaranteed interstitial ads? I haven't. But I'm scheduled for Developer select starting Sept.1. Which reminds me, hey that's today! Yey!

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682

@yattamove said:
    1. I've never used hibernate either. I don't have an Amazon device but it should be the same with other Androids right? When the device is sleeping, the game "hibernates", no sound, etc. My games does that and they are live in the Amazon app store.

1. My live apps are not linking any Amazon apps either. I am thinking maybe you applied for the $6cpm guaranteed interstitial ads? I haven't. But I'm scheduled for Developer select starting Sept.1. Which reminds me, hey that's today! Yey!

I noticed that an app created with an older version of Gamesalad did silence the audio on an Android device when it went into sleep mode. With the latest version of Gamesalad it does not so I'm thinking I need to use the hibernate behavior somehow although I've never used it and can find no help on how it works.

Regarding ads on Amazon, I just have a url link from my account with Applift which I trigger from a self created banner. The problem is it eventually links to apps on Google Play and Amazon don't like it....not sure what I can do about this one. Anyone have any ideas about how to monetize on Amazon?

Thanks

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

Amazon won't let you link to external apps like on Google play. You can only link to apps on Amazon.

You may want to update your Android SDK and make sure that you have installed Amazons SDK.

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

@jigglybean said:
    Amazon won't let you link to external apps like on Google play. You can only link to apps on Amazon.

You may want to update your Android SDK and make sure that you have installed Amazons SDK.

Thanks for the info, I'm quite confused about how to install and choose between different SDKs. Does anyone know of where I can find tutorials or any other info/help on this?

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584
    edited September 2014

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

edited September 2014

@strag‌

1. I'm using the latest version. 11.1.11 beta and it "hibernates" just fine. That's weird.

2. That's the reason. You created your own banner. You can use Chartboost/Revmob in Amazon instead. Make sure you input the correct App ID and App Signature. I cook my apks twice. Once for Google (input Google Play app id/signature in the Chartboost/Revmob tabs), save the signed apk. Then cook another one for Amazon (input Amazon app id/signature in the Chartboost/Revmob tabs), save the unsigned apk.

I was having issues before where the SDK box is not greenlit. I was publishing the same app id & signature for Google Play and Amazon.

@jigglybean‌
    Thanks for the video link...very insightful.

@yattamove‌
    Thank you so much for that info. I just created an account with Revmob and it all makes sense now. I can see the option to register an Amazon version as well as an Android version :) Does this mean that I will have to lose my homemade banner ad and just use the full screen interstitial ads as I don't think we currently have banner support on Gamesalad using Revmob?

Still trying to get to the bottom of my music pausing issue.....think I will just have to remove the music from home screen when publishing to Amazom :(

@strag‌
    Yup no banners for Android. Only interstitials. Does it work (music hibernate) when sideloaded in your device? If it does then you can try to submit the same binary. Sometimes it's the reviewer's device that is messed up.

P.S.
    You can click on the "Insightful", "Agree", "Like", & "Awesome" buttons below a post if you like. Hahaha!

No... when adhoc testing the music still plays on my device when it goes to sleep...I'll let you know if I ever work it out :)

Just in case anyone visits this old post!
    I figured out why my music was not pausing during hibernate...I was using a play sound behaviour instead of a play music behaviour!!!

Bloody obvious now! :)

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Sounds will stop if you uncheck run to completion.

@The_Gamesalad_Guru said:
    Sounds will stop if you uncheck run to completion.

Oh really, thanks that's good to know :)