Run Rob Run - 8bit Rob Ford Endless Runner! (...and a tiny 8bit crack pipe)

2»

Comments

• marc_greiffmarc_greiff Member, PRO Posts: 250
    edited September 2014

@raycur09 @FallingBoxStudios‌ Do you mean like making them monochromatic rather than a rainbow? The reason I went with a rainbow, aside from the Bit Trip Runner reference, is that I wanted it to be slightly over the top and goofy look'n. Also, rainbows for some reason always really stand out for me in app icons in the app store...maybe thats just me though? lol I will, however, play around with it a little more and see what I like better. Thanks for the input, always appreciated!

@GSanimator I made the art in adobe illustrator, which is not really great way to draw pixel art but its the editor that I'm most comfortable in and hence the most efficient for me.

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078
    edited September 2014

@marcgreiff‌ it reminds me of rainbow dash off of my little pony. I only know this because my daughter watches it :#

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

Rob Ford + My Little Pony = win

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

@dgackey‌ Rob Ford + My Little Pony = game sequel!...?

Any idea on how long you guys are keeping the GOTM submission open for? I'm just submitting to itunes now and would love submit it to GOTM when approved.

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

@marcgreiff‌ ask @ForumNinja‌ but I think you've got some time ;)

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

• ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

@marcgreiff‌ This month's submissions will end on Friday, September 26th so you've got plenty of time :)

@dgackey‌ @ForumNinja‌ sweet, thanks for getting back to me!

I've heard review times are as high as 14 days recently!...ah well, fingers crossed.

Just cut the trailer, now just finishing up the new iAP stuff, then off to apple

• FallingBoxStudiosFallingBoxStudios Freelance Graphic Designer Member Posts: 822

@marcgreiff said:
    raycur09 FallingBoxStudios‌ Do you mean like making them monochromatic rather than a rainbow? The reason I went with a rainbow, aside from the Bit Trip Runner reference, is that I wanted it to be slightly over the top and goofy look'n. Also, rainbows for some reason always really stand out for me in app icons in the app store

What I meant was making them blend together better with colours that match (such as dark blue, to then a light blue)

But looking at it now as well as what you mentioned

@marcgreiff said:
    raycur09 Also, rainbows for some reason always really stand out for me in app icons in the app store

I think it looks great :)

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

Isn't rob ford in the hospital right now? I think i read something a few days back about him having a tumor. Anyways game looks great, ill be downloading it when its out.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• FatFishFatFish South East, UKMember Posts: 120

Great work @marcgreiff‌

Awesome trailer and looks very polished. Love it. :)

• LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880

Mr. Ford has pushed his brother forward for the next election. Perhaps something you can put in the game? ;)
    Awesome concept!

@LumpApps‌ the thought crossed my mind too, but at some point I just have to get the game done and uploaded!....but it does open up interesting possibilities for future content updates, maybe even an unlockable Doug character? Or during the the game over screen there could be an option to continue as Doug?

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Excellent !!! :D

• LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880

He is running for Major... padaboom! ;)

• RondoRocketRondoRocket Member Posts: 411

Awesome new trailer - get that bad boy submitted to Apple and strike while the iron is hot! Good luck!

• Ed_PerkinEd_Perkin Midlands,UKMember Posts: 346

Looks amazing nice art/pixel work also :)

• motorcycle boymotorcycle boy Member Posts: 429

Love it haha. Great idea

• stahboystahboy Member, PRO Posts: 150

I'm still waiting for this game! Can't wait much longer haha!

• RPRP Member Posts: 1,990

Well done sir! Oh man if you could only have Chris Farley play Ford....

RRR is finally available* in the iTunes and the Google Play Store! Although it will be a few hours before the links are active, the game can be found here:

iTunes
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/run-rob-run/id915006298?ls=1&mt=8

Google Play
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.runrobrun.app

Did I mention its free and universal? Go get it! and please please PLEASE rate it on the respective stores!

• KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291

YAY!!! First to download! :p Can't wait to play!!!

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Woohoo!

• 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368

Great art style, music, animations, and trailer. Glad I peaked around on the forums today. It's not on showing on the App Store for me yet, but I'll check again later. Definitely going to download it. Good job!

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

• RondoRocketRondoRocket Member Posts: 411

@marcgreiff said:
    RRR is finally available* in the iTunes and the Google Play Store! Although it will be a few hours before the links are active, the game can be found here:

iTunes
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/run-rob-run/id915006298?ls=1&mt=8

Google Play
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.runrobrun.app

Did I mention its free and universal? Go get it! and please please PLEASE rate it on the respective stores!

Congrats! Downloading now...

• stahboystahboy Member, PRO Posts: 150

Awesome! Love it!

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274

Sad but not surprising. Speaking of this game, it was excellent. I looked for it a while back in the App Store but it was no longer there.