How to add gravity to a game WITHOUT bounce

Mat7772Mat7772 Member Posts: 7

Hi, I am playing around with the creator and I've pretty much nailed the basics except this one. How do I make gravity in a game, but without having the main player bounce on every single platform? Thank you if you answer.

Comments

• Andrea_ComisiAndrea_Comisi ItalyMember Posts: 328

in the pysics section inside the actor there's an attributre called bounciness change it to 0

• Mat7772Mat7772 Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2014

Thank you. Now that has been solved I have another question.

How do I make the player just slide? If it hits the edge of the platform it will turn a bit, so when I push the right arrow key it may go up instead. How can I make it so the player just stays level and not tilt, but only slide? (sorry if this does not make many sense)
    EDIT: If I also hold the left/right arrow key when the player is in the air, it won't go down and obey gravity, but rather keep sliding along. How can I fix this?

• allc1865allc1865 Member, PRO Posts: 777

Can you post your file so we know exactly what you're talking about?

If you don't know how, you can share it through a file sharing service like DropBox

• Mat7772Mat7772 Member Posts: 7

don't worry I figured it out.

• Andrea_ComisiAndrea_Comisi ItalyMember Posts: 328

for moving you have to use the change attribute to have a more realistic effect and acellerate behaviors for the gravity sorry for the english. ssee the danger droids videos of @jamie_c to learn the platformer rules https://www.youtube.com/user/gamedevtutsplus/videos
    and see the logic series of @the_gamesalad_guru to learn the logic