I'm new and have some questions, :P

Sam7Sam7 Member Posts: 1

Hey guys! My name is Sam and I've always wanted to create games and never knew where to start, until I found GS. :smiley:

Anyways, I have a lot of questions to ask you guys before I can start on my first game! :wink:

Question #1: I'm very much interested ( Not involved! ) in programming software, but I find GS for a beginner like me to be overwhelming, is there a good full tutorial that teaches you all the basic concepts and rules? Because I want to start development on my game asap.

Question #2: I do not have a MacBook, but I plan to create my game on Windows, then if it's good enough I will buy "macincloud" to distribute it to the app store. Would this work?

Questions #3: In general, is GS easy to understand once you get the hang of it? I'm worried that once I start to create my game
I will get overwhelmed by all the features.

Question #4: Is there any exceptions to GS? Such as, can you do pretty much anything you want when it comes to game developing besides 3D? For instance, say I want to create a game like Jetpack Joyride without the Jetpack's, is it possible for me to do the same scrolling effect on the background, but make it never end until you die?

Last Question #5: If my game does come out the way I want it to be, I am VERY much overwhelmed by the publishing process, considering I have never officially used a Mac as my own personal computer. How easy is it?

And yes I know you have to buy the developer license, I will buy it if my game is good enough.

Thank you!

Comments