Release Candidate 0.12.1 is available!

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@The_Gamesalad_Guru said:
    Yes I will be doing a video about it.

can't wait to see it, with a 1mth old here my time for figuring out stuff is limited :)

• AJaymzAJaymz Member, PRO Posts: 164

So with so many people having to send in for a new update for all their games, does this mean it may take longer than 5 or 6 days for Apple to review new apps we send in?

• FatFishFatFish South East, UKMember Posts: 120

@krane2626@hotmail.com said:
    So with so many people having to send in for a new update for all their games, does this mean it may take longer than 5 or 6 days for Apple to review new apps we send in?

I think with iOS8 updates being a common task for all developers on iOS, not just GameSalad, it may take longer for Apple's review team to review them over the next few weeks.

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

There is no custom loading screen for iphone 6,when will that be?

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803

Nothing about the pretty new templates? :)

• jonhuttojonhutto Member, PRO Posts: 72

I noticed the new templates. Very cool!

• GamepencilerGamepenciler Artist/Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 326

im expecting for the android in app to work now.. is it?

Artist/Game Developer / Animator at your service..

• zweg25zweg25 Member Posts: 738

Since iOS 8 is being released in about a week should we update our games with this release so that it is compatible?

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

The new templates are great but I think it would be very wise to put a new controls one in. I'm sure a lot of people turned to that old default for help! I do really like how thorough the explanations are in the notes and rule names, though!

• games4fungames4fun Member Posts: 185

@BlackCloakGS said:
    Also would not recommend submitting apps to Apple from this build.

Just wondering why Gamesalad released this version for us to use but then you say not to submit apps with this version. If that's the case why did you release this version then? Are you trying to make everyone be a beta tester? What good is it to test the new in-app method when we can't use this version yet because of the bugs?

It seems like a lot of people are happy, guess they don't care it's not recommend. Maybe a majority of people don't read and just update and expect things to work such as I. Don't make it a release candidate if it's not ready, make it a nightly build, I think it's very unprofessional to make multiple updates to the release candidate only because you rushed it out. Two days from now 0.12.12, four days from now 0.12.13, one week from now 0.12.14. Seems like a trend these past few release candidates.

• mshuraih mshuraih Member, PRO Posts: 179

@games4fun said:

i think they got it out so people will practice on the new IAP system and you can start updating your games then when the full version is ready you will have most of the work done.

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610
    edited September 2014

@games4fun said:
    Just wondering why Gamesalad released this version for us to use but then you say not to submit apps with this version. If that's the case why did you release this version then? Are you trying to make everyone be a beta tester? What good is it to test the new in-app method when we can't use this version yet because of the bugs?

It seems like a lot of people are happy, guess they don't care it's not recommend. Maybe a majority of people don't read and just update and expect things to work such as I. Don't make it a release candidate if it's not ready, make it a nightly build, I think it's very unprofessional to make multiple updates to the release candidate only because you rushed it out. Two days from now 0.12.12, four days from now 0.12.13, one week from now 0.12.14. Seems like a trend these past few release candidates.

I believe RC's are released to everyone and NB's are released to Pro members only. This is a release candidate (RC 0.12.1) for those of us pro and non pro who want to play with it before the stable version is released. Anyone who doesn't want to tinker and test or get a head start like @mshuraih@yahoo.com said can still use v11.1.11 until v12.1.0 is released. I don't understand why you have an issue with it.

mshuraih@yahoo.com you may want to change the @ in your name to "at" or something else so people can tag you.

I am a little confused. Do we have a version of gamesalad that we should use to update our existing games for iOS 8?

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Games can be submitted with an RC or nightly. You just have to test yourself to see that it doesn't cause issues with your game. The only difference between those and a stable build is it hasn't been through GS's QC department. I've used both the nightly and the RC to publish many times.

Thank you :smile:

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@games4fun said:
    Don't make it a release candidate if it's not ready.

That's why it is called a release candidate. It's quite clear it isn't a stable release. And I find it practical that you can now prepare the new IAP method, and once a version of GS comes out where the encryption is all OK, update, publish, upload! Otherwise, you could just twiddle your fingers waiting around.

• AngryBoiAngryBoi Member Posts: 586

So... when can I publish:/

• AngryBoiAngryBoi Member Posts: 586

Finally!! Google Play leaderboards:)

• AlkaPPAlkaPP Member, PRO Posts: 194

"@games4fun said: Don't make it a release candidate if it's not ready."

if they don't let users test it and report bugs then we would have a buggy stable version.

My Gamesalad Games On App Store:

Greedy Chubby: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/greedy-chubby/id834371213?ls=1

• phamtasticphamtastic Member, PRO Posts: 354

Can't wait to see some instruction or video on the Google IAP.

• williamt2706williamt2706 Member, PRO Posts: 85

at last . . . googleplay IAP

Love you guys :)

Please add admob for later update

• CorStudiorCorStudior Member, PRO Posts: 1

mee too, thanks for google play IAP
    but please add admob for later update,

is it me or the save table function is properly working in the new RC, I had stable game with saved table value is not working properly .. any one had similar issues?

The 12.1 RC somehow corrupted my file. Don't really know what or why.

Stupid me. I always save and then save on dropbox for back up. However, I didn't last night. I put in about 8 hours of tedious work on an app and only saved it to one file (instead on 2). I open it up tonight work for a few minutes then GS crashes. From then on I couldn't open my file. It would acknowledge that I clicked on it, by opening the GSRC program and the mouse would start spinning (as if it was trying to open), but nothing would happen. No error message. No open file.

I renamed it a zillion times, made copies of the file and tried that, tried to edit the contents (useless for a non coder), re-installed it a few times, restarted mac…etc no luck.

My temporary solution:
    Plugged iphone in, opened X-code. Luckily I had synced it to the GS viewer on my phone earlier today (was showing my wife the progress I had made ALL those hours the night before). I found a folder called Stored_Games in the Organizer window of X-code (under the GSViewer app. Thankfully theres an download option to save things from the phone to your comp and I recovery from the last sync.

Don't really know what to submit other than it just crashed and wouldn't open file.

Note to self: Always save a back up EVERY TIME you save.

P.S. I started this app months ago in the RC. Im kinda stuck with the RC now because I don't know of a way to convert it to the stable version. Months ago the RC had many more features than the stable so I went with that.

On that note (Previous post),

Is there a way to convert to a previous version? or a different version? Those of us who downloaded the update blindly are kind of stuck until something more stable comes out.

Would be very grateful.

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    edited September 2014

@jonhutto just change the extention to projectname.gameproj then you can open it in the stable release of creator ...

Answer to your second comment

Just download the release you would like to use and run it. You can have multiple versions of creator.

edited September 2014

@neoman This doesn't work. Tried it but gives the error:

"...Could not be opened. This version of GameSalad supports version 0.20 and earlier game projects. This file is version 0.21."

jonhutto, i have similar issue and what i realized is that when i was clicking on the project it was trying to open it with the old version of GS , so i made sure to start the new RC first then open the file through the GS creator and it worked .. not sure if u are facing the same problem .. to test try to open old file that u have not edit with the new RC if that one opened fine then thats the problem ..

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    edited September 2014

@jonhutto then something is different in the newest RC that is why ... You will have to wait for the latest stable version :disappointed:

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610

@jonhutto when a new stable version comes out you can convert it by renaming the file extension from .gsrcproj to .gameproj a new stable should be out it a couple of days.