New IAP Behaviors (Video Tutorial)

2»

Comments

• een2drieeen2drie Member, PRO Posts: 30

:D

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

Yup! :)

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@The_Gamesalad_Guru‌ Thanks for the great video. When you first announced it I just searched YouTube for it, but comments were disabled so I couldn't thank you. Anyway, I just discovered this thread and the tips from everyone are really helpful too. Thanks again.

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465
    edited October 2014

Thanks for the awesome video @The_Gamesalad_Guru‌ !

I need further clarification on the In App Purchase - Request Purchase Data behavior. Right now I have it in a 'touch is pressed' rule. It should only fire when that actor is pressed but it's firing (requesting password) every time I start the app. Why is this happening? I even tried putting it in an actor that isn't in the scene, then spawning that actor. It's still just firing every time I start my app. I purposefully have only one scene. Must I create another scene and go to that scene for the IAP? Seems lame. Is it something else? Am I stuck in pending or something from an older test buy? It's asking for my test user's password even if I (real user) am logged in when I open the app. Strange. Must be something else. I may have spammed the buy button a few versions ago. Do these buy requests (non consumable) stack up and get backed up? Trying the app on another phone with a different real person logged in doesn't ask for a password when opening the app, as expected.

• clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194
    edited October 2014

@een2drie said:
    Dues If you fill in your "Product ID" in "In App Purchase - Buy Item" don't use the Expression Editor but type directly into the empty field. That worked for me, maybe it works for you too.

I think using the TableCellValue(purchaseTable,row,1) is the best way to call the Purchase, as it will definitely be the item as it is in the table, and using the expression, it doesn't matter if you use the expression editor or not, thus preventing that possible bug, and avoiding typos. Just my 2 cents. :smile:

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@RowdyPants said:
    Thanks for the awesome video The_Gamesalad_Guru‌ !

I need further clarification on the In App Purchase - Request Purchase Data behavior. Right now I have it in a 'touch is pressed' rule. It should only fire when that actor is pressed but it's firing (requesting password) every time I start the app. Why is this happening? I even tried putting it in an actor that isn't in the scene, then spawning that actor. It's still just firing every time I start my app. I purposefully have only one scene. Must I create another scene and go to that scene for the IAP? Seems lame. Is it something else? Am I stuck in pending or something from an older test buy? It's asking for my test user's password even if I (real user) am logged in when I open the app. Strange. Must be something else. I may have spammed the buy button a few versions ago. Do these buy requests (non consumable) stack up and get backed up? Trying the app on another phone with a different real person logged in doesn't ask for a password when opening the app, as expected.

You could setup your IAP scene on a pause menu. This way you can keep your one scene active.

edited October 2014

Hmm. Well, right now there's really nothing to pause. My 'shop' button contains the In App Purchase - Request Purchase Data action and then my 'buy' button contains the In App Purchase - Buy Item action and that is working. Would adding a Pause Game action inside the 'shop' button and then an Unpause Game action somewhere after change the IAP - Request Purchase Data not firing immediately on app launch? Seems weird but if that's the way to go I'll definitely try it out. Thank you, I'll get back.

So you do have a separate scene for you IAP?

• stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435

@RowdyPants said:
    Thanks for the awesome video The_Gamesalad_Guru‌ !

If you get a login request when your app starts, before you execute any iap behaviors, it means that there's a purchase that hasn't been resolved. Possible causes for this include a consumable item that hasn't been consumed, or an item that has been removed from your purchase table.

@stevej said:
    ... a consumable item that hasn't been consumed, or an item that has been removed from your purchase table.

This is a little confusing, but this is how I understand it:

Dave's video suggests the inclusion a "In App Purchase - Consume Item" behaviour at the end of the Confirm Purchase Rule to reset the App Store, so that the user can purchase again, even if they have not used up the items in the game yet.

Purchases are tracked in the App Store and fed back to the PurchaseTable in the app. The Store needs to be told by the app that the items have been received and added to the users inventory.

However, the users inventory in the game is tracked in the app in a separate IAP_Storage table.

@stevej said:
    If you get a login request when your app starts, before you execute any iap behaviors, it means that there's a purchase that hasn't been resolved. Possible causes for this include a consumable item that hasn't been consumed, or an item that has been removed from your purchase table.

Ah, thanks for the clarification @stevej‌ This is exactly what I wanted to hear.

@The_Gamesalad_Guru said:
    So you do have a separate scene for you IAP?

Sorry for slow response @The_Gamesalad_Guru‌ I only have one scene. I realize now the immediate password request on launch was indeed from an older pending buy. It's all sorted now. Thanks for the help!

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

this video says it's private now..anywhere else to access it?

I had to close all my videos down

These videos will be back up once gamesalad and I complete some paperwork.

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:
    These videos will be back up once gamesalad and I complete some paperwork.

Oh Wow! I was so disappointed when you said they were gone. I have relied so much upon them over the years.

I,m sad too not see the GameSalad Guru mascot logo anymore. It was like a trusted brand to me. :cry:

@PhilipCC said:
    It was like a trusted brand to me.

Kind words, thank you. I worked very hard to be honest and to be through, although not perfect. I just don't think appreciated how much work it all took. A basic video could take a minimum of two hours to produce. A complicated video, which requires research amd testing, could take five or more hours. Some subjects took days to work through. To be knowlege around here one has to read the forums religiously and keep informed on a vast amount of information. It's actually been relaxing for me to have that pressure off of me. I've been at this for years.