10 Second Frenzy - A geometric avoid-'em-up, now on Kickstarter

UltimateJordsterUltimateJordster Member Posts: 19
edited September 2014 in Announce Your Game!

Hey, guess what? My first game, 10 Second Frenzy, is now on Kickstarter! It's an iOS game made in GameSalad that's simple to play but difficult to master. All you do is avoid the red squares, but they come fast and furious, so that's much easier said than done. Anyways, here's the link to the Kickstarter page: https://kickstarter.com/projects/1894788074/10-second-frenzy-a-15-year-olds-game-debut?ref=category_newest As you can see, I'm only 15, but I believe I've got a great game with 10 Second Frenzy. Pledging would mean a lot, but even just feedback is appreciated. Thanks for your time!

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Hi Jordan,

I really like how you structured how the funds will be used - not many people asking for money do that, especially not 15 year olds. It looks like an interesting project - I hope it goes well for you!

• UltimateJordsterUltimateJordster Member Posts: 19

Thanks for your feedback, Braydon! I'm glad you like the project.

• gamestudentgamestudent Member Posts: 504

Dude, That is awesome! I, like you am a young dev. (I only just turned 16 this summer.) I'm sure you can understand that I don't have a lot I can do to support your kickstarter page, But I have some experience in graphic design. I'll see If I can PM you with the details.

Don't say that, gamestudent! I'd be delighted even if you just told your friends. I'll definitely take a look at some of your graphics as well!

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

Best of luck to you. Good to see another fellow from AZ.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• gamestudentgamestudent Member Posts: 504

Did you get my PM?

Yup, got it and replied.

• Andrea_ComisiAndrea_Comisi ItalyMember Posts: 328

Thr idea is really similar to the redbit escape template of @DeepBlueApps‌

@Andrea_Comisi‌ First of all, I didn't know that Redbit Escape existed before you told me about it. The similarities are purely coincidental. However, after checking out their game, I still feel that 10 Second Frenzy deserves to be recognized in its own right, mainly due to the timer mechanic being completely different, focusing on many short rounds rather than one long round. I respect your opinion and see your point, but 10 Second Frenzy has its own style and gameplay twists.

• jay2dxjay2dx Member Posts: 611

Good luck man :) Ill back you when I get to my home pc, would just like to support an up and coming young dev dude :D concept is good, but you will need to make an interesting ip, think about character and environment design, make a story out of it, and please make it have lots of levels that are not the same, im sure youll think of something

good luck

Thanks @jay2dx‌ ! I'll definitely take your suggestions into consideration!

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
  • pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Some constructive criticism: I would recommend re-recording the audio for the KickStarter video, it is really hard to understand you at times (too far from camera?).

Good luck!

Okay, I'll definitely take that into consideration @pHghost‌

Ooh, milestone time! We just hit $50 in pledges! How high can we make that number go?

I've received an outpouring of support from friends and family recently, and because of that we're already over halfway to our goal. We just need one more big push and we'll be there!

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685
    edited September 2014

Hi Jordan, I have just shown my support and backed you with a $15 pledge. Lets get you on the step to releasing your first game!

http://kck.st/1t0BRbI

Damien

EDIT: Ill go a step further and offer my services too. As you know from previous email communication, I am a freelance Gamesalad Developer who is availible for hire. Ill donate 5 hours of my time to you and your project (if needed) to help you out whenever (or if) you get stuck building your game. o:)

Thank, Damien! I really appreciate your offer!

We're now at $320 and 72% funding! Let's keep this good thing going!

• sawkasteesawkastee Member Posts: 184

Good luck with the game Jordan!!!

• robertkdalerobertkdale USAMember Posts: 912

Great job Jordan! I wish you great success with your present game and future projects.

Always work hard. Always strive to learn more. Most importantly never give up. I know that you will accomplish great thinks. GOOD LUCK! ;)

Big Smile Games Play Happy!
    Check out our other GameSalad exclusives.

Thanks so much for the kind words, guys! We're so close to success that I can taste it! Any pledge you can make at all is greatly appreciated! Heck, even just tell your friends. Anything you can do helps!