GS pro account expires midnight or 00:01 of that day?

I don't think I would be able to afford paying for a sub until next year.

Do your games on the store stop working if your GS pro account expires? What actually happens? My plan was to release a game with ads and another paid on some of the pro only platforms, and then sub again next year to make the sequel(s). Do games already on the store keep their ads or do they de-activate?

I'm trying to finish the game to upload to the stores I do have accounts in, but depending on what hour the pro expires, I either have less than 24 or 48 hours.

Comments

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    edited September 2014

Nothing will happen to games that are published to app stores if your Gamesalad pro account expires, they are all yours and will still be available for sale and download. You should still receive your ad income as well.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

Have you published to Amazon at all @Franto‌ if so, simply go into the incentives tab in publishing and click the amazon link, then submit your published game. GS will give you a free month PRO! o:)

• FrantoFranto Member Posts: 779
    edited September 2014

OH! I do have a game published in Amazon. I thought the Amazon offer was expired for some reason.

THANK YOU @gingagaming I may just be able to add the other features I wanted to my game now! :D

Thank you!! @jamie_c for the awesome info. :smile: I always thought it auto-shuts down.

EDIT: I see, I got it confused with a related incentive from around the same time, which was a kindle fire giveaway that ended December last year.

Glad it helped @Franto‌ now just release a game a month and you can be pro forever! B)

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Oh, I didn't know that promotion was still on, either!

edited September 2014

Agh, it's still 7:40 and the Android page just turned to "pro only" when 20 minutes ago I was still setting it up. 0 _0 I was about to publish one of the three games I have with Chartboost enabled.

@Gingagaming Are you sure the promotion is still on going? :\ I can't find anything about it recently in search. Agh, I should have not relaxed yesterday when I heard I might get 1 month free and should have published the other two games that were already finished. :'( I really thought the pro would expire at 11:59.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

It might take some time to process the extra month, as the GS team has to check the Amazon app is actually published and link it into their system.

edited September 2014

@pHghost‌ I see. I don't mind waiting, but I'll be heartbroken if it turns out that its already over. By the way, this is the game that is on amazon, managed to find a mac back on Late July/Early August and published it. http://www.amazon.com/Fulgryph-Flyernator/dp/B00MBMPKA0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411088028&sr=8-1&keywords=Flyernator

The revmob ads didn't work, so I was trying to switch to Chartboost.

I managed to upload the 2 finished games, fully updated to Tizen, a month ago, but ads arent' supported there and the tizen store isn't open yet.

Here is my most prized game which I was to finish the lite version by 11pm today before losing pro. :neutral_face:
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/71793/updating-sprites-on-my-game#latest

I think I got the pro back in April or March, but by the time I got it, I was swamped with work and couldn't even get a look at it until Late July then had more work later after that. I finally now get started and times up. :| I want to buy pro, but I won't be able to until next year, I was really hoping for a little more time to finish this game. I can't believe pro expired in the afternoon when everything was almost done. My only hope now is the Amazon promotion. Has anybody recently gotten it?

@Franto‌ yes it's still valid and going. It just takes a couple of days to be verified. If you have pressed the submit button and the product ID matches you will receive it soon.

edited September 2014

@gingagaming Great! :) And I thank the GS team for making such opportunities possible.