How can i erase all the saved attributes

I want to insert the a button with erase all the saved attributes option, so the player can start a new game, how can i do it?,
thanks

Comments

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    edited September 2014

Hi again, @agueis There's no need to do that. Just put in your new game button to go to your first game scene without using any Load Attribute behaviours - all of your default (original) attribute values will be used.

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• agueisagueis Member Posts: 420
    edited September 2014

Hello Gyroscope, how can i do that? perhaps i should destroy the actor where are all the load attribute and spawn other actor with no load attributes?

Hi again, once i go to the first scene without use the load attribute, how can i save the new game?, thanks

Where are all the Sous chef, nobody answer me...

edited September 2014

Hi @‌agueis, see if I can explain this clearly enough...

So I'll assume you have two buttons on your menu scene, one called New Game, the other called Continue Game (or similar).

Throughout your game, you use Save attribute behaviours, any ones you want, on each scene, the primary one being Scene number. And providing you've got Load Attribute behaviours in your Continue Game button, when you go to the saved scene, with all the other saved attributes you might need brought with it (because of the load attribute behaviours), off the user goes where he/she left off.

But now the user wants to start a new game, so even if the attributes have been saved, because the new game button hasn't any load attribute behaviours in it, the original attribute behaviours will be used, then to be updated again with your save attribute behaviours in your different levels. Does that make sense?

To complicate matters tho (or simplify, whichever way you look at it), you can use Tables very effectively for saving and loading attributes, and for a few reasons, this can be the better option. But to explain how to do that, I haven't the time unfortunately - it'd be better to watch a video about saving and loading with Tables anyhow, rather than seeing just words.

One important point I will mention tho, if you do go down the route of using Tables for loading and saving attributes is: make a master table for that purpose, then make a blank table also. When you start with your first save attribute, the master table should be copied to the blank one, and any subsequent attribute changes need to be made in this copy version. The reason is, if you just used one table and its overwritten, you wouldn't be able to use it again for a fresh game.

Hope the info about Tables hasn't confused you - i'm sure it'd click into place if/when you watch a video about that. And if not, no worries about continuing with the Save & Load Attribute behaviours as you've been doing.

P.S I'll be deleting your other post "How can I start a new game reseting the save attributes?" because its asking the same question as here.

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

Hello Gyroscope, thanks i will look for saving in tables, I think you are working in the version of gamesalad for ios 8 thanks for you´re time

Hi Gyroscope me again, i´ve been watching youtube tutorials, the problem is that my actor hero are different in the 32 scenes because in that scenes the actor hero has different spawn actors, so i can´t use a table for all the actor hero, the problem is too that when the actor hero collide with next scene runs for each scene, different game attributes
    like when collide with next scene level 2 is true, and in the menu to enter to the scenes ,
    the rule when level 2 is true and touch is pressed change scene scene 2 for all the 31 actors of the menu scene , the question is, can i create 31 tables and with that save the game like we talk before?, thanks.

Hi again @agueis I think I get what your asking... you don't have to make 31 tables, you make the one table (and a blank copy for reasons previously given) with 31 rows - and as many columns as the types of attributes there are (one column for integer, another for text, and so on).

I think as you gain more experience with tables, it'll become second-nature to you.