How much would you make?

An average using game salad how much have each of you made? Please don't say you can earn from any amount I am wondering how much any of you personally made please. Before I start getting into gamesalad and investing into a nice Mac I would like to know how much I could possibly make. Thanks

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@Tr_2000 said:
    I would like to know how much I could possibly make. Thanks.

I know you said not to say this, but honestly it's the best and really only answer: You can earn any amount. It depends on the quality of your game. It depends on the marketing, the description, icon, or any variety of things.

I've seen developers here create absolutely stunning games, yet they don't get noticed. On the flip side, I've seen developers release terrible apps and they get hundreds of downloads.

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    edited September 2014

Hello @Tr_2000 Really, this sort of thread is very tiring; check through the other threads - this topic comes up every couple of months or so.

You'll get answers similar to the other threads too - people earning from next to nothing, to others making thousands of pounds a day - but that won't have any bearing on what you will potentially earn because of the different quality of games, different types of games, different amounts of exposure/marketing, different platforms, different unknown whims of the buying public, different amounts of games in a game maker's portfolio, etc., etc.

So how much can you make? Nothing, or $5 a week, or $50, or $500, etc... it's like asking how long is a bit of string without showing any string.

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

I always laugh at these types of threads. I remember the days when it was considered rude to ask people about money they make. It's seems you want someone to tell you that game making is a gold mine. Sorry but it's not. Kinda like the rest of life there is no holy grail.

• gamestudentgamestudent Member Posts: 504

@The_Gamesalad_Guru said:
    I always laugh at these types of threads. I remember the days when it was considered rude to ask people about money they make. It's seems you want someone to tell you that game making is a gold mine. Sorry but it's not. Kinda like the rest of life there is no holy grail.

Nope, only Hard work.

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343

I don't see what's wrong with this question...

Game making IS a gold mine.

It's just that you have to dig millions of tons of dirt and rock to get your lil tiny nugget.

edited September 2014

@Tr_2000‌ don't worry...you apparently are new to the forums

I suggest in the forums...just type your question above instead of creating a thread first. You will probably get a few search hits and see your exact question someone else has asked. It might help us to keep the old timer from getting pissed because...they don't like questions being asked to many times. A Mod might even close your thread because it's a duplicate of some sort.

Personally I have 4 simple games...2 on iOS (free with ads), 1 for iPad (paid) and one for Mac (paid) and have made a little gold dust. $15

• gamestudentgamestudent Member Posts: 504

loving the metaphors, @Thunder_Child‌ ;)

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

Here is a summary of my first year on the Apple App Store if you care to read it:

http://www.jamie-cross.net/?p=648

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Tr_2000 said:
    An average using game salad how much have each of you made? Please don't say you can earn from any amount I am wondering how much any of you personally made please. Before I start getting into gamesalad and investing into a nice Mac I would like to know how much I could possibly make. Thanks

You can earn any amount ;)

I've got to be frank, this comes up every now and then, and the question is always ridiculous . . . what other people make has absolutely no bearing on what you (or any of us) can make, no bearing at all !

It's a little walking into a guitar shop, picking up a guitar you like the look of, walking up to the cashier and asking them how much, on average, guitar players make with this guitar.

The question is almost meanigless !

• stahboystahboy Member, PRO Posts: 150

@Tr_2000‌

Before you wonder how much money you will make, you have to enjoy making the game first. If you are doing it just for money, it makes it very difficult to have fun with your app. Put your heart into the app and then reap the rewards later! :)

stahboy

• RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    edited September 2014

Millions, based on good intentions and fantastical thinking. .....Focus on a game people will like AND will want to spend money on. If you are looking at $ before the spirit of your game....something is out of line.

• yattamoveyattamove Member Posts: 236

I made $0.5 in two of my games published in Google Play in a month. I don't think I can buy even a little speck of that gold dust. :#

@Thunder_Child said:
    It's just that you have to dig millions of tons of dirt and rock to get your lil tiny nugget.

Steals idea for game . . . .

Sorry, someone had to do it . . . .

• MarcMySaladMarcMySalad Member Posts: 158

@The_Gamesalad_Guru said:

Yup, exactly my point of view too.

@Socks‌

Lol. You have some of the best...off the wall analogies there are.

:D

You better share the wealth if "YOUR" gold digger game takes off.

@Thunder_Child said:
    I suggest in the forums...just type your question above instead of creating a thread first. ... It might help us to keep the old timer from getting pissed because...

Old timer?! Ha, I guess I'm getting that way... :D

Yep, sorry @Tr_2000 seeing as you're relatively new to the Forums, I should have been more patient, and guessed you haven't seen the many similar threads... let's put it down to me "having a bad hair day"... (which is perhaps sort of funny if you knew what I look like... ;) )

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

@gyroscope‌ Lol. That was actually a typo...it was suppose to be old timerS...as is certain veterans in the forums. It still may include you...hahahaa

@Thunder_Child said:
    gyroscope‌ Lol. That was actually a typo...it was suppose to be old timerS...as is certain veterans in the forums. It still may include you...hahahaa

:o :p :D

• MoogusMoogus Member, PRO Posts: 77

A rough guess $1 for each friend you have.

How much do you think you will make ?

• Speedy007Speedy007 Member Posts: 229

I made 7 digits so far.

To bad it read something like $0,000,000 and 00 cents...

But hey you never know...I consider app creation a investment...Kinda like into stocks...Only i control how many apps are made, what kind of marketing, and how much time i put into this... I only just started yesterday soooooooooooo we will see...lol

There is no really gold mine...Then again there are gold mines...hmmmm.... Its not guarantied that you will make even a dime but you never know... And hey, at the least you can tell the ladies you make IOS apps...Makes you sound more interesting...hehe...

Gluck,