Difference between touch is inside and touch is pressed?

I have an actor placed in my scene.

I created a rule: Actor receives event when touch is inside.
When i tap at the actor (with the mouse, but it s the same on touchscreen I guess) it happens what I want (selected).

When i create a rule: Actor receives event when touch is pressed.
Then I tap anywhere on the scene nothing happens. When i tap at the actor (with the mouse, but it s the same on touchscreen I guess) it happens what I want (selected).

So what s the difference and how can i select that the player can touch anywhere on the scene?

Best Answer

• BBEnkBBEnk Posts: 1,764
    Accepted Answer

@Creator97‌

I made a example.

use your mouse and click on the top left button it will light up then holding the mouse button down move pointer over to right button. the left button will stay lit until you release and the right button will do same, so rules run when pressed not released.

For the bottom buttons "inside" you can just hold down your mouse button and slide back and forth lighting them up so rules also run when pressed but will register any time a press is detected on them.

Answers

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

If touch is pressed it will stay pressed until you remove your finger from device, touch is inside will allow your finger to slide back and forth between controls and be detected.

• Creator97Creator97 Member Posts: 140

I didn t get it.
    If I set it up like: If touch is pressed.
    So I touch it but didn t release finger from the object. So the time I have my finger on the actor between touching him and releasing the finger from the scene the actor receives event? Right?
    If I set it up like: If touch is inside.
    Then i have to just click him once. Then the actor receives event... until I touch him again?
    Did i get it or what s rong?
    Does this also work with mouse because then there is no difference that I can see...

edited October 2014

Thanks I saw people setting up both in one rule what does it do then I see no difference?!

And also place it again the project. It does t show anymore because I ticket it as answer! (For the others)

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934

Touch is inside means the initial touch can happen anywhere on the screen. And then if you slide your finger over the touch is inside actor it will register that as a touch and run the rule.

Touch is pressed means the rule is on triggered if the touch initially happens directly to the actor.

It was just answered but thanks again!