Turret Presents "Mountain Mayhem BETA" . Coming Soon

Ed_PerkinEd_Perkin Midlands,UKMember Posts: 346
edited October 2014 in Announce Your Game!

Any suggestions would be great , this is just a beta of the first level and to show you the basic idea :)

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Oh very nice! I like the looks!

• Ed_PerkinEd_Perkin Midlands,UKMember Posts: 346

edited October 2014

Video looks a bit lag , the game is fast aha ! :) and thks @Braydon_SFX‌

• crazycam99crazycam99 Paris, FranceMember Posts: 519

The background in the 2nd image looks a lot like a background I downloaded for my phone be careful if you don't have the rights to the image. Otherwise I like the style of the art.

edited October 2014

Thks @crazycam99‌ Yeah i downloaded it from free pik .com free vectors and stock images right free thks :) and everything still up for chnage so might change it aha

• FallingBoxStudiosFallingBoxStudios Freelance Graphic Designer Member Posts: 822

Looks great.
    but I don't like the fact that the point of the game is to kill animals...

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

PETA is coming after you!

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• Tiny_IdeasTiny_Ideas Member Posts: 326

@FallingBoxStudios‌

Yet I bet you don't play Call of duty - or GTA - or any other shooter game. Bet you don't like angry birds either - or Minecraft - or clash of clans or deer hunter.

Seems to me you just like having a jab at @Ed_-_Turret_Games‌ since this is not the first time you have stated you opinion.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@Tiny_Ideas‌ -- it's a completely valid opinion, and I said the same with the first preview of this game. The game does include senseless animal violence. Does that make it a bad game? No. But is is necessary? No. You could change the animals to balloons, or to Hare Krishna members (to make it more like the original GTA :wink: ), and it wouldn't change the gameplay one iota. That's why @FallingBoxStudios‌ has a valid point.

Hey, if there is a 'story' in the game, and the man goes on a rampage because a deer killed his wife or brother, at least you explain why it's animals (the question of course remains whether it makes the act justifiable, but that's another discussion).

@Ed_-_Turret_Games‌ -- It's looking nice, and could be a lot of fun! One thing that is a little strange gameplay-wise, though: why do the spikes and saws not hurt the animals, but only the car? Shouldn't knocking them into those traps be valid as well?

edited October 2014

@Phghost , ill add that , thks :D And yep ill add a story so people dont feel like Falling Box ahaha :)
    @FallingBoxStudios‌ - Aha , the point of happy wheels therefore is to kill children ?

• i think the mad "mayhem" and killing stuff and blowing up stuff is what makes this (soon)game and many others great , you may not agree but people my age simply like shooting stuff and explosions etc ;) - and i totally get where you're coming from , so ill add a story so people with similar views to yours will still play the game .
    • @Tiny_Ideas‌ - Thks for the point aha :D

Happy Wheels is so over the top it is clear you shouldn't take anything in the game seriously.

ahaha , true :D

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

Actually looks like it could be a lot of fun! Just make sure the levels are engaging enough. (But definitely looks like you're thinking in the right direction there!)

edited October 2014

After the 3rd day of development B) - ( not including planning and graphics making and finding)

edited October 2014

@Armelline‌ Thks a lot :)))) - it still has lots up its sleeve .

Any advice on different terrains and levels i should add? :)

• FallingBoxStudiosFallingBoxStudios Freelance Graphic Designer Member Posts: 822
    edited October 2014

@Tiny_Ideas said:
    FallingBoxStudios‌

Yet I bet you don't play Call of duty - or GTA - or any other shooter game. Bet you don't like angry birds either - or Minecraft - or clash of clans or deer hunter.

Good point, I guess I didn't think about that :o

Seems to me you just like having a jab at Ed_-_Turret_Games‌ since this is not the first time you have stated you opinion.

I have no idea what you're talking about, I have never stated my opinion about any of Ed's game - this is the first time... I was not having a jab at Ed - notice how I said the game looked great :expressionless:

the point of happy wheels therefore is to kill children ?

That's not the point of the game at all... :neutral_face:

Ahaha , @fallingboxstudios happywheels when I play the kid always dies along with the guy,happy wheels is a great game and why are people saying you had a jab or anything??? Man I respect your points and owe you for the logo :)

and any advice on what i should add to the levels like what obstacles and which terrains /tiles to use?

You could try a more rocky terrain, which would be more jumpy. Then snow, where the car slides and is harder to accelerate and brake. Then you could have some crazy levels, where the gravity would be weaker, so the car would fly a lot more.

So like moon , desert and ice but with like features as well as looking different , sounds good :D ill get it in soon @pHghost‌

http://arcade.gamesalad.com/games/125061 Play the VERY EARLY BETA HERE!

@Ed_-_Turret_Games said:
    http://arcade.gamesalad.com/games/125061 Play the VERY EARLY BETA HERE!

Looks fun, ill be playing it for a bit.

@raycur09‌ Thks man , still long way though , need to get a level select/world select on it also , and loads more :)

edited October 2014

Just another update on the work ... :D

edited October 2014

Looks a bit blurry - (it isn't actually , its built on iphone 6 resolution) - Still in way back Beta though

@TheDeveloperDepot.com‌ - Can i have an offer or some money offthe mountain landscape art for sale on your site ? ;) Might be tempted :D

edited October 2014

got locked levels system , now need to add star system , any suggestions for other stuff in the game?? :)

Some more vehicle selections would be cool.

@raycur09 would you have to earn them or just select them?

and yeah good idea :)