Shift Key?

SolarKillsSolarKills Member Posts: 6
edited October 2014 in Working with GS (PC)

I just want to know if there is a way to use the shift key as a condition or if it's a feature that has yet to be implemented.

I've been using GameSalad on Mac for about a year now. Sadly my Macbook had an unfortunate meeting with some beer about a month ago. I finally got ready to reboot my GameSalad project that I lost to this incident.

The game is a simple platformer. With simple controls.
Left Key - Left
Right Key - Right
Up Key - Jump

I used Key conditions to achieve this, obviously.
I was going to add in a sprint mechanic using the left shift key like I did before.

The Mac interface has a keyboard GUI that pops up so I could just click the key I needed.

PC, however, doesn't have this feature yet and GameSalad doesn't detect modifier keys. I know I can just type in the name of the key in certain cases and I've tried the following: shift, leftshift, leftShift. None of them worked.

Comments

• Just checked this out on the mac version, when I select the left shift it spells out "left shift" with a space in between, I'd give that a try.

• SolarKillsSolarKills Member Posts: 6

@RossmanBrothersGames said:
    Just checked this out on the mac version, when I select the left shift it spells out "left shift" with a space in between, I'd give that a try.

I've tried that too. The space bar actually counts as an input when I press it. I've even copied and pasted the words "left shift" to the key input. Seems like modifier keys aren't in the PC version yet. Thanks anyway.

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610

Did you try "left\32shift" the \32 is a space in the expression editor.

edited October 2014

@colander said:
    Did you try "left\32shift" the \32 is a space in the expression editor.

Great idea but that didn't work either. A new release candidate just became available so maybe the PC version will get an update. But at this rate, I will probably have enough to get another Mac before PC gets an update.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

@SolarKills Be sure to skip a line between quoted text and text that you are adding to the post. Otherwise, it looks like the original author wrote the entire post. I fixed the post above for you.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

@tatiang said:
    SolarKills Be sure to skip a line between quoted text and text that you are adding to the post. Otherwise, it looks like the original author wrote the entire post. I fixed the post above for you.

Ohhh haha thanks. I'm new to the forums.

• francis.charland@videotron.cafrancis.charland@videotron.ca 3D Artist/Generalist Quebec, CanadaMember, PRO Posts: 48
    edited June 2015

Left Shift key input does'nt work with the previewer on PC for me.
    When Trying with the HTML 5 web previewer Left Shift and CTRL input does'nt work either. Could'nt find any report on the forum. Someone know if a bug report was submitted