How do i spawn an enemy actor on a infinite jumper type game?

Chris91027Chris91027 Member Posts: 3

Ok so im making a infinite jumper type game and im wondering how i spawn an enemy character on the left and right side of my screen at different times. I have watched a few tutorials on this but when i do it my enemy character glitches at the bottom of my screen and the stop spawning.

I want to spawn an enemy actor on the left half of my screen, and spawn an enemy actor on the right half of my screen at different times.

Comments

• Chris91027Chris91027 Member Posts: 3

Not quite sure how this is meant to help me

• RabidParrotRabidParrot Formally RabidParrot. Member Posts: 956

How are you spawning the actors? How is your screen set up ie. Are you wrapping x? Are you spawning based on the screen position or by the camera origin?

• jisokjisok Member Posts: 8

Create different Spawn actors for each area.
    Set the spawn based on the x and y distances desired.
    Left side could be placed left of screen center to represent X, like 200 on X and dragged off stage for the Y position.Y or height can be set works and well if set on random.
    X will spawn where located if left on 0.
    It all depends on weather its set relative to actor or scene
    Your Graphic actor will be set to the speed and direction.

edited October 2014

I want actors to spawn on the left and right side of my screen, at different times so when i press the screen i can dodge the spikes (thats the aim of the game) i have tried many ways but eventually the left enemy spawns at the same time as the right enemy

@Rabid Parrot said:
    How are you spawning the actors? How is your screen set up ie. Are you wrapping x? Are you spawning based on the screen position or by the camera origin?

Im wrapping Y, I want the enemies to spawn at different times because right now they're spawning at the same time

http://gyazo.com/7a733a43c088f9fd0790b744c4dc5fdb

• MalkovichMalkovich Member, PRO Posts: 116

Hi @Chris91027. Try to make the left enemy spawns the right enemy (or another left enemy) at a desired range of random distance relative to left actor. I think this will prevent that actors are spawned at the same time. I hope you understand my english, srry.

Greetings